Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob, according to your HR, you were cooking :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, according to your HR, you were cooking :okay:

The loft was hot!
New threshold HR set- 162!
I enjoyed that. Just managed to get home at 5-40, get changed, wolf a banana (no lunch) and 5min warm up. Called out to you guys but no response. Used start to warm up and in about 450th when decided to surf from one group to next. Felt better the longer it went on. Finished around 185th. Looking at results I can say if I had known you were only 30s in front I might have tried to chase ya down! But I couldn’t see you. And then I probably would have cooked myself ^_^
Great time and you too Carl:okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
With 1300 riders only riders next to me were showing names, everyone else just had W/kg number

I had log on problems but then nipper on Xbox and Mrs B on IPlayer.

I couldn’t scroll down the results to take a screenshot but that is a problem for me post update

CXRAndy

Guru
Some impressive hearts rates from all of you 181 max :wacko: and Andys 300 watts avg

Pleased with my result, 2s off PB and my second workout today. I didnt go flat out at the start just a comfortable pace and waited for the climb. I was running near max, but didn't feel like I was dying and could take micro rests on the descent s. I rode with a small group most of the way round. Rest tomorrow

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looking at zwiftpower I can see we all did rather well. Hopefully they will filter out the results where no rider weight in put etc. I know it’s not a race but...it was!

Andy did you set a new ftp? I am pleased with average of 240w so 3.1w/k so closer to 3.4w at turn of the year.

Carl, good power and impressive HR!

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm aiming for tomorrow at 6 need a bit more rest after yesterday's stage 1 it was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be really struggled on the last 5 miles I was on my own which didn't help up until that point I was in various groups which was a massive help
This is my plan, find a group doing my speed and sit in for the ride :okay: Bloody hard work though. Was dropped on the hill tonight up to the jungle entrance - I assume this is when @CXRAndy went past me :surrender:

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy did you set a new ftp? I am pleased with average of 240w

No Bob, 30 Watts down on my FTP. Not too disappointed given 2nd workout today. Pleased with holding 300+ for longer periods with breathing under control. legs felt pretty good, I was riding within my limits(just)

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

The loft was hot!
New threshold HR set- 162!
I enjoyed that. Just managed to get home at 5-40, get changed, wolf a banana (no lunch) and 5min warm up. Called out to you guys but no response. Used start to warm up and in about 450th when decided to surf from one group to next. Felt better the longer it went on. Finished around 185th. Looking at results I can say if I had known you were only 30s in front I might have tried to chase ya down! But I couldn’t see you. And then I probably would have cooked myself ^_^
Great time and you too Carl:okay:
I was 250th going into the hill, but 370 when I crested the hill :B) Ended up riding in a group of about 5, that started to get others attached and by the time we hit the finish there were about 20 of us. Big sprint to the line and I came 4th (I think I started my sprint a smidge too late). That was hard work though tonight.

Unfortunately when there are so many riders my sim doesn't show me names, so whilst I could see avatars I had know idea who the riders were. I'm guessing you both stormed past me on the hill

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

I started climb in around 250th, Crested in around 150th and picked of small groups throughout ride. My position didn't change in the last 8 miles
Me too ..... you must have been with me then as we hit the hill (I can't see names so didn't know you was there) but then you went forward whilst I went backwards :laugh:

Top Bottom