Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
If you join Zwiftpower add ''Cyclechat' to team name . Its a loose arrangement with races chosen. Just pipe up if you see a race you fancy, usually 6 to 7pm most are available. The bonus is each race will have plenty of others. even if there no Cyclechat riders available

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi all

Just joined zwift and was wondering are there any groups on here that do meet ups or anything like that?
Once the meet up functionality in zwift allows for races and we can create our own then we'll likely do 2 or so races a week as a group. Until then, as Andy says, we tend to post up on the zwift splitters thread which races we're entering as others tend to join too. What's your name on zwift?

OP
OP
Ohthehills

Ohthehills

Once the meet up functionality in zwift allows for races and we can create our own then we'll likely do 2 or so races a week as a group. Until then, as Andy says, we tend to post up on the zwift splitters thread which races we're entering as others tend to join too. What's your name on zwift?

Defo not ready for races, just wanted some ride alongs I am too slow for racing but please feel free to add me on zwift my name on there is Alan Hudson

berty bassett

Legendary Member
if nor racing may i suggest one of the training programmes - it will give it purpose , else you may get bored just trundling round
i shouldn't forget about racing though , try it - it puts you in the cat to match your power and the competition is addictive - if you type in bkool splitters - there is oh so much information there - but it is hidden between pages and pages of sarcasm

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
if nor racing may i suggest one of the training programmes - it will give it purpose , else you may get bored just trundling round
Yeah about them. They hurt :cry:. The level they are set at is determined by you FTP. If your FTP is set high then you may find it difficult to impossible to complete them correctly. You get given a FTP based on your rides in Zwift. If you do a lot of climbing your FTP could end up a little higher than you would normally be given for a FTP test. So it may be worth it dropping a few watts to make the workouts doable. :eek:

i shouldn't forget about racing though , try it - it puts you in the cat to match your power and the competition is addictive - if you type in bkool splitters - there is oh so much information there - but it is hidden between pages and pages of sarcasm
Start reading the bkool spltters thread, it's full of advice and banter :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Defo not ready for races, just wanted some ride alongs I am too slow for racing but please feel free to add me on zwift my name on there is Alan Hudson
Plenty of 'pack' rides that might be of interest. I'm doing one at 15:45 today. Not a race but good for getting the experience of riding, and drafting in a group. Effort will be about 2 w/kg.

Def consider the races though (if you're slow go in a at Cat D). These are great ways to build fitness. I was rubbish when first started, now I don't come last :biggrin:

tom73

Guru
1st go on zwift tonight thought starting on zwift 101 best place as only to get use to things.
Running fine off MacBook have a proper go at setting up the projector at the weekend should make a nice big screen :laugh:

So any tips for you swift pros welcome.

CXRAndy

Guru
1st go on zwift tonight thought starting on zwift 101 best place as only to get use to things.
Running fine off MacBook have a proper go at setting up the projector at the weekend should make a nice big screen :laugh:

So any tips for you swift pros welcome.

Try some races, they are full on threshold effort s . literally from zero seconds to the finish:okay:

Quite addictive

tom73

Guru
upload_2019-1-13_18-36-38.jpeg

Well after a little fine tune over the weekend zwift on the big screen is up and runnning.
Just finished Zwift 101 and your so right it’s addictive. Am looking/thinking at making it even better even though I don’t have a smart trainer the 20 quid I paid for a basically new tacx matic is working just fine.

Just need to sign up for a training plan and all set for the next round of fun ;)

Yesterday I some why joined a race midway though that was fun given I’d just finished a training session. :laugh:

So download the app today so can start using as I ride that’s once I’ve worked that out. Soon be time to add the gift membership Mrs 73 got me too.

nutsaboutbikes

View attachment 446949

Well after a little fine tune over the weekend zwift on the big screen is up and runnning.
Just finished Zwift 101 and your so right it’s addictive. Am looking/thinking at making it even better even though I don’t have a smart trainer the 20 quid I paid for a basically new tacx matic is working just fine.

Just need to sign up for a training plan and all set for the next round of fun ;)

Yesterday I some why joined a race midway though that was fun given I’d just finished a training session. :laugh:

So download the app today so can start using as I ride that’s once I’ve worked that out. Soon be time to add the gift membership Mrs 73 got me too.
Wow, that is a really cool setup! Can i ask what projector you recommend?

tom73

Guru
@nutsaboutbikes Thanks not too bad is it ? Always thought the white wall's in the spare room would come in handy.:smile:
As for projector I already had one (teaching comes in handy sometimes) it's an epson 3lcd they are not cheep though.

Which is best will depend on how you're running zwift?
The distance from the wall and the projector plays a part too in the quality of the picture. So a really cheep one may not give you a clear picture.

@JhnBssll has the same sort of set up think he bought a basic one to give it a go and has got it to work fine. So may give you some heads up on one.

The other thing to check up on is the cost of new bulbs some are not cheep even if the projector is.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I bought a Benq MS506 after investigating cheaper options. From what I read the low cost options are often nowhere near as bright as advertised giving a poor picture. As a result the recommendation seems to be to get a low end professional projector, hence my purchase. It's only 600x400 resolution but it's very bright and the picture is perfectly adequate for zwift, we've even watched films on it in the garage :laugh:

20190110_214255.jpg

tom73

Guru
I'd add the same thoughts many are not bright enough. You get what you pay for really cheep optics never really cut it.
Buy what you can afford to get that's not to say spending a mint either. Cheeper high end will always out way on pair cheeper ones.
Hope it helps ?

Top Bottom