17th July 2015 Night Ride to Whitstable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Okay, I haven't heard from Tim but will attempt to get on this train. Will make best speed to Temple and await company.
Cool.
Expect company when you get there.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What a time for the car to breakdown. Wife is on the back of an RAC truck, heading home. I am waiting at home with the kids in bed. I won't make the start, but i live in Bexleyheath, so will ride the route in reverse to meet you guys as you ride out of london. I have let Tim know.

jiberjaber

Veteran
I'm out. Chain break took out the RD which would appear to be made of cheese the amount of damage it has! I'm gutted, chain break happened just outside Chelmsford station, so replaced the quick link on the platform and thought I was OK. Just before I pulled into the next station I decided to have a proper look... Now at home in the kitchen starring at a very bent RD with a beer in hand.

Have a good and safe ride everyone. #gutted.

Say hello - you lucky sods. Lovely London here I come...
ATTACH]
2jb1h8o.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Most of us are at the Waterfront- bit earlier than expected, breakfast orders only now being taken. Lee won the race. Second half went very smoothly, hence the early arrival.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
absolutely stonking ride, only two punctures, great company, superb organisation by the very excellent trickedem, lovely grub at halfway - i had two of those home-made Eton Mess thingies, truly lovely. wonderful dawn - bright red orb lifting slowly out of the sea, tremendous.

so this is now my fave ride of all (perhaps excepting Els's Brussels one, which is even more greaterer)

this, i think will be on the list for next year, when we get round to thinking of that later this year.

enormous thanks to @Trickedem and the catering team, who smothered themselves in glory. I hope the charity did OK, i certainly spent as much as my stomach could reasonably tolerate.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Great ride. All smooth and clockwork. Even the weather. Afterwards I rode over the Downs, to Charingvia Boughton St & Oversland which is an absolutely lovely route except that it is pretty much all uphill, and the bits that aren't are downhill, which makes you weep at the waste of elevation.

I saw a peacock walking along a lane. A bit tatty, he flew over a hedge as I approached.

I bailed out at Headcorn and got a train. I'm glad I did because as soon as I stopped riding my knee flared up something rotten.

Big Thanks to @Trickedem, to the caterers, the all-uppers, waymarkers, and everyone who contributed.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Thanks to Tim et al. That was a really great ride. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even did some way marking. I miss the start of the sprint due to a toilet stop but I think I still gave it a good go!!

Thanks also as ever to Ian and Ross for the ride home. Back in no time, 132 miles on the clock. And a new convert to the SMRbtH in Sarah who even braved the badlands of Bexleyhell on the return.

U

User10571

Ross, who was your friend with her son?
It was uplifting to hear their comments on the ride as they had clearly both enjoyed themselves.
Even though young lad didn't want anything to eat, but made a bacon roll disappear in fairly short order.... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom