17th July 2015 Night Ride to Whitstable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Are we likely to be in Strood at 3.49am?

If so, and if the sky is clear, we may be treated to another ISS/Iridium flare combo deal: the International Space Station rises in the SSW and climbs to an altitude of 26 degrees in the SSE before disappearing into the east, while .at 3.49:26 (approximately) Iridium 14 should glint for a few seconds at magnitude -7.3 about 56 degrees up in the WNW.

martint235

Dog on a bike
How many peeps are riding back, and is it a group ride back, or do folks slip off as and when.
Depends where you're aiming for. There'll be a group at least as far as dartford but then , certainly for the group I'll be in, people start to peel off for home.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I've cycled into London this morning from Strood and it was a nasty headwind all the way. So as long as this holds, we will get blown all the way to the seaside.
A few last minute changes, to the rider list, but we're looking good for a full ride. See you all tonight.
Andrew F
Arthur C (from halfway)
Bernard I
Bob C
Charles E
Charlie B
Charlotte B
Emily D
David A
Dave F
Dave M
Gail G
Geoff S
Gordon P
Greg S
Howard K
Jason B
Jenny M
John M
John O
User10571 B
Kim W
Lindsay P
Liyana P
Lee T
Mark G
Mark T
Martin B
Martin E
Martin T
Mary L
Mick D
Nick F
Ross C
Paul R
Peter C
Peter D
Rachel S
Sarah W
Simon L
Sonia W
Stephen B
Steve R
Stuart A
Susan C
Susie F
Thomas M
Tim D
Titus H

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm actually really looking forward to this. As people who know me are aware, I'm not a huge fan of night rides but this one and next week's Doncaster ride have re-engaged my interest

Top Bottom