1st Annual CC Get Together (11/12 July 2009)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Probably not for me...:sad: school bike ride one of the days, and the other day has been booked by my eldest. But I will bear it in mind in case either changes and I hope everyone has a great time - and take photos!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sounds good, I'll try to be there (PhD permitting, by which I mean if my supervisor hasn't locked me in a cupborad with my laptop)

I think I remember camping being an option? Any one else camping? Anyone else going from York?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I am off the following week and was planning on going to my parents house in Solihull this weekend. Probably be taking the bike up - maybe on the train. I could catch the train to Derby on the Saturday afternoon and stay overnight then cycle the 44 miles through countryside back to Mom & Dad's Gaff on the Sunday evening :biggrin:

Not sure if this would work yet - will have to consider my options but stick me down for a possible...

Cheers,
SD

I would love to be there but unfortunately it's just a wee bit too far for me with the commitments I have. ;) I look forward to hearing all the juicy gossip and scandal afterwards though! :biggrin:

cannondale boy

Über Member
Would like to come also, but dunfermline is a bit far from that place called derby. I think it would be a good idea making a first annual metting in 3 places, wales, scotland, and england.

Just a thought though :biggrin:

Mouseketeer alert! < 250kms London to Derby...:biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Yeah, sorry for the people t'up north, and darn sarf; there was no way of making it local for everyone, and I was running out of time to reccie locations, etc. so I picked BCW.

I'll try to start the planning earlier for next year's, and hope to move it around each year so we'll see you before too long. :?:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
looks good to me. Either on my tod (as in with the Mouseketeers, sleeping under the stars in a bivvy bag) or with the Babe (as in train and Cathedral Quarter Hotel). I've cycled lots of the A5 but know nothing about the stretch from Hinkley north on the A447 - is that an OK road?

dellzeqq said:
looks good to me. Either on my tod (as in with the Mouseketeers, sleeping under the stars in a bivvy bag) or with the Babe (as in train and Cathedral Quarter Hotel). I've cycled lots of the A5 but know nothing about the stretch from Hinkley north on the A447 - is that an OK road?

The traffic is fast in places but not too bad - it'll be much quiter than the A5!

A nice route would be 447 to Caolville, on through Swannington and Griffydam then up past Castle Donnington.

But remember, the countryside in Leicestershire is rolling hills!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Black Sheep said:
would have loved to have been there, would have biked there too!

however, its my stag day that weekend.

Ah, nice one - congrats!

Everyone: Shall we all go to Black Sheep's stag weekend then? ;)

Top Bottom