1st Annual CC Get Together (11/12 July 2009)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'm hoping to bike it across from Ripley while my Wife, Kids and Folks go in our car. I'll meet them there and spend a bit of time with them and then look round for CC people. No idea about a meeting point/time - it's a pretty big park!!

Best bet might be to see where Hilldodger is (he has some form of display??) and meet up near there.

02GF74

Über Member
spandex said:
So you are all just meeting in a park with 1,000's of overs around and some of you are going to have your names pinned to your back or front.

To narrow down the search, how about the CC posse head to the
Wheeled sports facility (This is for the use of skateboards/, BMXs and rollerblades. The concrete structure includes ramps, rail and ½ pipes.)

at 13:00 (1 pm) on Sat. ?

Hopefully there will be some display on there so if nobody turns up, it won't be a waste of time.:headshake:

Better than gathering round the toilets. :cursing:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
02GF74 said:
Better than gathering round the toilets. :biggrin:
Something you wish to share? :biggrin:;)

1pm is fine with me, I'll head on over there and see who's around.

Of course we could also use the Masonic Cycle Chat hand signal when you see someone with a bike (Cupped/curled hands to make the C C logo.. twists the arms a bit though! ;) )

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I asked if there was a map of where things will be on the day(s), and was advised that no official map was available as such, but that most things will be near the main car park where you drive into the park.

Looks like a bit of milling-around could be in order ... :smile:

If anyone does spot me, maybe they could help me pin my nameplates on ... :smile:

I'll be taking my laptop (B&B has WiFi) and the USB cable for my phone so should be able to upload some photos on Saturday evening. :biggrin:

Looking forward to chilling out over the weekend and meeting up with those peeps who do manage to make it.

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Admin said:
I asked if there was a map of where things will be on the day(s), and was advised that no official map was available as such, but that most things will be near the main car park where you drive into the park.
Trouble is there are a number of ways of getting into the park via a car park - we'll probably be using the one around the back of the park which leads directly into the kids play section (paddling pools, mini-go kart type car track, bouncy castles, swings/slides etc.) but this is the opposite end of the park to the "main" entrance from the roundabout where MacDonalds is. As you say - some milling around will be in order.

If Hilldodger is there (I get the feeling he should be on some form of stall/display) then at some point people may be able to touch base there... oooh, sounded quite like Management Speak there - sorry! :cheers::tongue:

Hi chaps, sorry I've not posted on this thread for a few days - I've been working in London with tdr1nka as my bitch:biggrin:

The event will be on the east side of the park nearer to the car park and minature railway. You won't miss Cyclemagic, we'll be having a tryout area.

I'll probably be wearing either a Leicester Cycle Company sweat shirt or a Roger the Hilldodger sweat shirt.:tongue:

Oh, and I'll have my penny with me (mines a dark red one just in case there are lots;))

Will1985

Über Member
I'm flitting between the two at the moment. Once I've finished the masters I'll hopefully stick to one place!

Sittingduck - man up and get to New St tomorrow morning! I'm probably going to ride up through Brum then Tamworth (weather permitting).

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Will1985 said:
I'm flitting between the two at the moment. Once I've finished the masters I'll hopefully stick to one place!

Sittingduck - man up and get to New St tomorrow morning! I'm probably going to ride up through Brum then Tamworth (weather permitting).

My train rolls out of Marylebone at 6:30 in the morning with bike and the Duck both on board. I'll be alighting at Solihull ;)

Will be home with my feet up and a cuppa by 10am. No chance of me riding to Derby I'm afraid - need to sort out my cleat position or shoes first after the agony of last weekend. There will be some days of testing, riding round the countryside between Solihull & Warwickshire. If I feel confident I may cycle back to London midweek with an overnight stop somewhere!

Have fun @ the get-together though.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Well I've done the ironing, hoovered, changed the bedding, and a whole host of other chores to earn my weekend away ... and I'm pretty much good to go.

Just got to pick up the bike in the morning, and then try to work my way around the A52 > A38 town route to get to the B&B.

See you all tomorrow ... :biggrin:

Top Bottom