1st Annual CC Get Together (11/12 July 2009)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hilldodger said:
Just got back from day one. Highlight for me - holding Admin's ice cream while he rode the Cyclemagic Tall Bike:biggrin:

Pictures to follow I understand

Great to finally meet you this afternoon, Rog. Also Will1985, Shaun and Sh4rkeyBloke. Thoroughly enjoyed the try-out of the various weird and wonderful bikes in your stable - and now I can tell people I've ridden a penny, even if it was a modern racing variety! :?:

I have a bunch of piccies too - including the tall bike episode, and Will's trackstanding on it! :laugh::bravo: - but need to know where's best to host them (for free) online. I've got a free Flickr account that I've never used up until now - anyone know if that will do? Maybe Shaun will suggest the best place?

P.S. I watched your ice cream Shaun - he really didn't lick it! :laugh:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Thoroughly enjoyed myself, and just writing it up for the CC blog now. :laugh:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Photo's etc. now posted on the blog ... :blush:

I'm off to bed ... I'm knackered!
sleep-029.gif

02GF74

Über Member
Wobbly John said:
Well, where were all of you today? xx(

Only saw Hilldodger & Admin.

Had a great time riding silly bikes :smile:

I woz there .... left about 1 pm - I know I suggested everyone meet round the sakte park but I could not find it plus I was expecting tousands of peeps, not tens, so spotting each other would not have been that difficult.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I was back in Manchester on Saturday evening, sorry.

I enjoyed the day although didn't actually get to try any of the weird and wonderful bikes (I was in my SPDs, see) so a bit gutted about that. I also took my Wife and kiddies and also my Folks came along so I was torn between family duties and wanting to chat to CC bods and ride bikes... maybe next time I'll go on my own! :smile:;)

Met Shaun, Beanzontoast (and Mrs Beanz who now needs to become a member as she's on most of the photos!) along with Hilldodger, and briefly saw Will1985 too while he was trying his hand in the bike tryout area. Perhaps next time we need to organise a meal/drink for the evening to make it more worthwhile for people to come along?

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I was back in Manchester on Saturday evening, sorry.

I enjoyed the day although didn't actually get to try any of the weird and wonderful bikes (I was in my SPDs, see) so a bit gutted about that. I also took my Wife and kiddies and also my Folks came along so I was torn between family duties and wanting to chat to CC bods and ride bikes... maybe next time I'll go on my own! :wacko:;)

Met Shaun, Beanzontoast (and Mrs Beanz who now needs to become a member as she's on most of the photos!) along with Hilldodger, and briefly saw Will1985 too while he was trying his hand in the bike tryout area. Perhaps next time we need to organise a meal/drink for the evening to make it more worthwhile for people to come along?

Ah, sympathies there - how well I remember when our kids were small: wouldn't have missed a day of the fun we had going to places, but it can be a bit limiting getting to see everything you want to with the kids around. At least when they grow up, you don't have to buy them ice creams any more!

If I'd known about your footwear issue, I'd have lent you a pair of trainers, but I think I was dazzled by your (and Admin's - and then Will turned up with his) bikes at the time - as a Galaxy man (x2 - one for commuting, one for 'best') I'm still occasionally lured by thoughts of a Spesh Allez. Most of the new ones are black I think, but the red and white livery is my favourite in that stable. Had an old racer once but not owned a modern road bike - yet. Next time, maybe we should do a swap for try-out purposes: my trainers, your bike!? :evil:

PS - got photos of Sh4rkeyBloke, me, Admin and Hilldodger together. I'm still trying to fathom whether Photobucket, ImageShack or Flickr is better for image hosting for use on here. Meantime, PM me an email address if you want a photo or two sending (any of you). Will/Admin - if you want pics of you on the Very Tall CycleMagic bike, ditto. :laugh:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
beanzontoast said:
If I'd known about your footwear issue, I'd have lent you a pair of trainers, but I think I was dazzled by your (and Admin's - and then Will turned up with his) bikes at the time - as a Galaxy man (x2 - one for commuting, one for 'best') I'm still occasionally lured by thoughts of a Spesh Allez. Most of the new ones are black I think, but the red and white livery is my favourite in that stable. Had an old racer once but not owned a modern road bike - yet. Next time, maybe we should do a swap for try-out purposes: my trainers, your bike!? ;)
Mine's the Allez Elite, I'll have you know! :sad::biggrin:;)

I had the basic Allez before that but it got nicked so I upgraded (got sick of the Sora shifters that you couldn't shift from the drops). The Allez in 2007 was Black, I think it's now Red/White for the 2010 model though... not sure what colour the new Elite's are. IIRC, Admin's bike is the Spesh Roubaix, and looked loverly with its Spokey Doke type straws and silver tassle on the seat! :biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately Will got pipped at the post by PJ who did it in 18.49 or something similarly fast.

Top Bottom