205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've had a quick read of the revised text and it looks to have been well knocked into shape.

If that's a response to criticism on here or elsewhere, we have done the guy a favour by getting rid of the previous stuff before too many people had the chance to see it.

The guy must bring a new meaning to the term single-minded, so if he agrees the way to get accommodation and sponsorship is to play nicey nicey, he will do that, or whatever it takes.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The biog is worth a read, for its dry wit. My favourite bit:
http://www.oneyeartimetrial.org.uk/biog
This series of 800 and 200km rides began 4 days after a 600km ride, which was the day after a 200km ride, which was the day after Paris-Brest-Paris.

I vaguely followed his 405 points in a year crack on ACF, where he posted as Teethgrinder.

RedRider

Pulling through
Steve's got a good team behind him now. Raleigh are providing bikes,
Neat link to Tommy Godwin, pictured here with his Raleigh Record Ace and sponsors:
thumbs_tommy-godwin-raleigh_0.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The official start is at 10am at the North Bucks RC New Year ten. Details on the website. Anyone going to cheer him on?
You can still volunteer or donate to help Steve on his way. An enormous amount of preparation has gone into this event. If he succeeds it will be a truly impressive achievement.

The official start is at 10am at the North Bucks RC New Year ten. Details on the website. Anyone going to cheer him on?
You can still volunteer or donate to help Steve on his way. An enormous amount of preparation has gone into this event. If he succeeds it will be a truly impressive achievement.
We're already in with the financial support. I really want to be at the TT start but it's a 2-hour ride from home - not a big deal of course except that our route would by necessity include a mixture of on-road and off-road including canal tow paths and the risk of ice cannot be ruled out.

Levo-Lon

Guru
bit like wanting to run a marathon every day ..I cant see why, but good luck to him..

Saluki

World class procrastinator
http://oneyeartimetrial.org.uk/

Anyone seen this. Steve Abraham is setting off tomorrow to try to beat Tommy Goodwin's record of 75,065 miles in one year. He needs to average 205 miles a day, every day.

I've bookmarked his site and will most likely send a donation when I can afford it.

Heck of an undertaking. I wish him very good luck for 2015.

Top Bottom