205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Ah, sorry. I looked but didn't see it. Obviously I didn't look hard enough.

Took me a while to find it again ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
"Tommy would be the first one to shake your hand, if you succeed
But we wish you the very best of luck Barbara Ford and Colin Godwin .......Tommys son and daughter."

I really can't see why someone would do something like this. As someone pointed out its like running the Marathon every day. And people actually donating money for this.

He would better off doing something like scaling Everest, reaching the Arctic or canoeing down the Amazon. If its cycling, he would be better off going around the World in a bike and spreading good will and creating awareness of touring or even endurance cycling.

I really can't see why someone would do something like this. As someone pointed out its like running the Marathon every day. And people actually donating money for this.

He would better off doing something like scaling Everest, reaching the Arctic or canoeing down the Amazon. If its cycling, he would be better off going around the World in a bike and spreading good will and creating awareness of touring or even endurance cycling.

He's chosen his own challenge, with a tiny carbon foot print, and one that he's wanted to do forever. What damage is caused by everyone who climbs everest, tramps all over the arctic or brings a support crew to the amazon?

also, regarding Everest

On a single day in 2012, no fewer than 234 climbers reached the peak.

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Best of luck to steve...2 words..barmy but incredible

That's three words. :thumbsup:

He's chosen his own challenge, with a tiny carbon foot print, and one that he's wanted to do forever. What damage is caused by everyone who climbs everest, tramps all over the arctic or brings a support crew to the amazon?

also, regarding Everest

"tiny carbon footprint" - thats a good one, novel yet original. By your logic he can reduce the carbon footprint even further by using a turbo trainer in his own home with a video streaming feed to his faithful followers and prove that he is indeed riding the bike.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: FFS, some people! We really can't see why anyone would post something like this.

How would he be 'better off' doing those things instead? He actually is 'creating awareness of endurance cycling' isn't he?

How is he creating awareness. Froome, Wiggins, Trott, Hoy, Boardman etc yes, powerful, compelling, influential and a whole host of adjectives to describe their achievements and creation of tremendous amount of awareness.

DanZac

Really hope this guy does it. For a sporting record to have stood for so long in the face of modern advancements shows how much of an amazing feat the original distance is.
I can't think of many more difficult endurance efforts, I suspect that even a marathon a day would be easier due to the longer recovery time available each day.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This will be an extraordinary achievement! Most of us have never ridden 205 miles in one day, let alone every day!

Top Bottom