50+ cyclists - what do you ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if you're looking for a bike tthat will see you out....carbon, carbon, carbon. And Dura-Ace

gbb

Legendary Member
Is this what the under 50s ride ????

1f4a_1.jpg

:becool::biggrin::biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Titanium Global TH1.5 MTB with Reba forks and a vintage Harry Hall road training bike, currently under restoration.

postman said:
Also a Dawes Galaxy and a Giant Rincon for towpath stuff.This is going in tomorrow for a new bottom bracket.Only had it since April.Should have got the Trek.As suggested by one of our own chatters.I would like a Trek 1.7 a nice bike.

You are not the only one postman, my friend's ridgeback has just gone in for a new bottom bracket after only 6 months too - she should have got the trek! :biggrin:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
snorri said:
None of you lot do, but you are.:biggrin::biggrin:
Anyway, I have a Dawes Galaxy for touring and longer day trips, a Raleigh Jaguar Pioneer for utility and short leisure trips and a Trek hybrid for use when the others are in for repair.:smile: I do feel like getting another bike, this time with rohloff hub, do you think I should:smile::biggrin:

Most definitely but be warned: you will never be satisfied with the inefficient nonsense which is derailleur systems ever again.

girofan

Steel Colnago Tecnos, (which my son has appropriated!!)
Specialized Roubaix, (but with Campag Record instead of Shimano.)
Giant SCR2, (Shimano & mudguards for winter.)

mickle said:
This thread is like soo ageist yeah.

I wouldn't worry about that mickle as most over 50's can see-off a number of under 50's without breaking sweat. :smile:;)

punkypossum said:
You are not the only one postman, my friend's ridgeback has just gone in for a new bottom bracket after only 6 months too - she should have got the trek! :biggrin:

Have these bikes got one thing in common, that the BB's are Shimano?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Iv'e got a 12 year old Dawes Galaxy with Brookes saddle as my tourer, commuter and all round load lugger.
A 7 year old Dawes Audax for faster commutes and "audax" rides.
My best bike is a Condor Italia in Azzure blue and campag. running gear.

domtyler

Über Member
Serious question, do you guys need to make sure that your bikes make more noise than your joints or do you take lots of cod liver oil?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
domtyler said:
Serious question, do you guys need to make sure that your bikes make more noise than your joints or do you take lots of cod liver oil?

Good point. I take Cod liver oil capsules, but now and then my knees still make an odd sort of grinding noise, no pain, just a strange noise. My bikes on the other hand are as quiet as can be.

Top Bottom