A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
This, on my FB page this evening...

Screenshot_20240107-221759~2.png

If I read that correctly, you'll be nicked if you don't park within 10 metres of a junction or block a footpath? 🤔

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Just round the corner from the new Drago Towers. This is a shared footway/cycle path. Thankfully I live off the road down a private lane that serves five houses so don't have this sort of shizzle right outside my front door.

419185319_1078885726586483_2946779250856198112_n.jpg

PS, sorry for the image. I am to smart phones what Dennis Nilsen was to fine dining.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No pics this time, as pics aren't needed to have my say. When I walk from my car to my flat or vice versa I have to be very careful walking with my mutt on the pavement. Most who visit the new yoga studio across from my flat park their cars half, even two thirds on the pavement. They are so only bothered about parking up, doing their yoga stuff then driving off, not thinking that someone might actually be walking on the pavement they've parked on! I've had them turn their engines on as I'm squeezing past their pavement parked cars, which I find totally bad mannered, open their doors as I'm squeezing past, reverse even more onto the pavement if the other pavement parked car in front is too close to them, without checking their rear view mirror to see if anyone is walking on the pavement behind them and even blast their car horns to wave goodbye to other yoga centre users while I'm right next to their pavement parked car! The other day I had to suddenly take steps back as I walked up to a pavement parked car as the driver reversed about 4 feet, in the direction of my dog. Last night one even mounted the pavement and partly blocked my path, forcing me to pull my mutt closer to me as this idiot just drove in his direction without any concern about me and mutt! I seriously do think that these 2 hats now think that pedestrians are an inconvenience who are using THEIR'S not our pavement!!

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No pics of this one. You'll understand why in a bit.

Two wrongs have made a right! A few weeks ago, some motorist dumped a disposable nappy onto the pavement near some houses. It was tied up but not wrapped so I assumed used and meant to let the litter pickers know but never got round to it and it's been cold so it's not got smelly or anything.

Today it seems that a pavement parker in that location has driven over said item, causing it to squirt all up their passenger side rear wing. 🤮 I didn't take photos in case the driver returned and thought I'd caused it somehow.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No pics of this one. You'll understand why in a bit.

Two wrongs have made a right! A few weeks ago, some motorist dumped a disposable nappy onto the pavement near some houses. It was tied up but not wrapped so I assumed used and meant to let the litter pickers know but never got round to it and it's been cold so it's not got smelly or anything.

Today it seems that a pavement parker in that location has driven over said item, causing it to squirt all up their passenger side rear wing. 🤮 I didn't take photos in case the driver returned and thought I'd caused it somehow.

The dirty devils!!🧐 The other night I saw that someone had driven over a dog dump on the pavement, leaving tyre marks of dog shoot for about 10 feet!!xx(

DRM

Guru
The dirty devils!!🧐 The other night I saw that someone had driven over a dog dump on the pavement, leaving tyre marks of dog shoot for about 10 feet!!xx(

Not pavement parking, but in this here parish some wag put an airbomb repeater in the dog waste bin, it turned the lot into one huge biological warfare bomb that was splattered over cars and shops for quite a distance, was front page news in the local rag

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not pavement parking, but in this here parish some wag put an airbomb repeater in the dog waste bin, it turned the lot into one huge biological warfare bomb that was splattered over cars and shops for quite a distance, was front page news in the local rag

I noticed a black dog doo daa bag on the grass in front of my flat the other day. Thinking it'd blow away in this strong wind I left it, but after lots of strong winds it was still there today. I just got home half an hour ago and decided to move it. When I tried to flick it away with my walking stick I realised that it was full. Yes, some dirty get had thrown a bag of dog shoot on our grassed area. To make it even more annoying there's a dog shoot bin about 15 feet from where they'd thrown this bag! I then decided to flick it as hard as possible into the road. No way am I picking some dirty get's dog shoot up!xx( It's now in the gutter, about a foot from the kerb stones. When a car droves over it I bet it'll explode and fire the contents onto the pavement. I just hope no one's walking past when it happens!:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I noticed a black dog doo daa bag on the grass in front of my flat the other day. Thinking it'd blow away in this strong wind I left it, but after lots of strong winds it was still there today. I just got home half an hour ago and decided to move it. When I tried to flick it away with my walking stick I realised that it was full. Yes, some dirty get had thrown a bag of dog shoot on our grassed area. To make it even more annoying there's a dog shoot bin about 15 feet from where they'd thrown this bag! I then decided to flick it as hard as possible into the road. No way am I picking some dirty gets dog shoot up!xx( It's now in the gutter, about a foot from the kerb stones. When a car droves over it I bet it'll explode and fire the contents onto the pavement. I just hope no one's walking past when it happens!:laugh:

From observation, I thought that was the correct method of disposal, or, alternatively, hang the full bag on a branch of the nearest tree?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
From observation, I thought that was the correct method of disposal, or, alternatively, hang the full bag on a branch of the nearest tree?

Just been out to put some stuff in my bins, only to see the bag hasn't been squashed! There's about a car every 5 seconds on that road, so there must've been hundreds drive past it, but not over it!! What's the betting that If I went to investigate the bag, a car would then run over it, splattering me in dog shoot!! :unsure: xx( :ohmy:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom