A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Double evil!! pavement parking AND Zig Zag parking!! This was taken off a local Facebook page. According to the article, the 2 hat said she didn't see a problem as she only nipped into the shop for 5 minutes!

nc_ohc=Hp_6fhoWle8AX-wvrah&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

The police didn't see it as 'not a problem', as they ticketed her and also arranged to have the offending vehicle towed away when it was found to be uninsured and not taxed or MOT'd!! :giggle:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Call me paranoid, but last night I got a fair bit of verbal abuse on my Facebook page from some 'friends'. I made a comment on the Facebook page where I saw the article about the above car. I think the driver or friends of the driver used some of my 'friends' profile images to give me some verbals, as two friends I contacted said it wasn't them who sent the messages. I suppose others who commented about the 2 hat's bad parking also got some abuse and believe me, there were plenty who had similar thoughts to mine about her total couldn't give a toss attitude. Ah well, it's nice to know the 2 hat and her buddies were so riled up by the comments about her that she and her like minded idiots felt the need to do such things!!:rolleyes: Just accept you were in the wrong you Audi driving 2 hat and take your verbal punishment which you rightly deserved, I say!!!:cheers:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By the way, how much does it cost to get your car back when it's been towed away like that? I'm thinking with her fine for not having insurance, tax and an MOT and her 'get my car back' fee, plus now having to buy insurance at a very high rate due to her law breaking, she won't get much change out of a grand!! Heck, that was one very expensive 5 minute visit to the shop I'd say!!:giggle:

Alex321

Veteran
By the way, how much does it cost to get your car back when it's been towed away like that? I'm thinking with her fine for not having insurance, tax and an MOT and her 'get my car back' fee, plus now having to buy insurance at a very high rate due to her law breaking, she won't get much change out of a grand!! Heck, that was one very expensive 5 minute visit to the shop I'd say!!:giggle:

Well she won't be able to get it back until she has arranged insurance. I would hope she also has to show that she has booked an MOT and will be driving it straight there, as otherwise she would be breaking the law again as soon as she left.

And if she doesn't do this within 14 days, the car will be sold (or scrapped if not worth selling).

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Looking at it again, I'd say the car is so close to those plastic road works barriers, there isn't any room on the pavement for pedestrians to get past. She must've squeezed out the car when she 'nipped into the shop'. The sheer arrogance eh! She clearly didn't give a toss about the safety of others! She probably expected pedestrians to walk past her car on the passenger/on the dangerous road, side of her car. If I had my way I'd impose a 3 year ban and the re-taking of her test when those 3 years are up!!

hc-hp_6fhowle8ax-wvrah-_nc_ht-scontent-fman2-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Looking at it again, I'd say the car is so close to those plastic road works barriers, there isn't any room on the pavement for pedestrians to get past. She must've squeezed out the car when she 'nipped into the shop'. The sheer arrogance eh! She clearly didn't give a toss about the safety of others! She probably expected pedestrians to walk past her car on the passenger/on the dangerous road, side of her car. If I had my way I'd impose a 3 year ban and the re-taking of her test when those 3 years are up!!

View attachment 719654

In those situations as a pedestrian, I always feel tempted to walk over the roof of the car.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In those situations as a pedestrian, I always feel tempted to walk over the roof of the car.

We used to do that many years ago when a bloke insisted on parking his Ford Consul on the pavement near my local pub, even though he had a drive. He'd park it fully across the pavement, meaning we had to walk in the road to pass. When asked if he'd stop blocking the pavement like that he replied non too politely that he did it as he didn't like noisy pub goers walking past his house late at night. How silly of him to do that then say why he did it! :rolleyes: He soon got the message when some pub goers refused to walk in the busy bus route road and instead got into the habit of car bonnet and car roof walking!!:laugh:

Windle

Über Member
I never cease to be amazed at how thick some people are, you'd think that even someone with the brain cell capacity of an amoeba would be a bit more careful not to draw attention to themselves when driving around in a car with not tax, insurance or MOT. With the lack of police resources these days it must be relatively easy for the wrong'uns to drive around with impunity in a lot of places without getting caught.
Good result in this case though, just a shame it doesn't happen a bit more often.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I never cease to be amazed at how thick some people are, you'd think that even someone with the brain cell capacity of an amoeba would be a bit more careful not to draw attention to themselves when driving around in a car with not tax, insurance or MOT. With the lack of police resources these days it must be relatively easy for the wrong'uns to drive around with impunity in a lot of places without getting caught.
Good result in this case though, just a shame it doesn't happen a bit more often.

I don’t think it a case of being thick, just an assumption that “the rules” don’t apply to them.

I agree, more enforcement and more caught would be good.

Windle

Über Member
I don’t think it a case of being thick, just an assumption that “the rules” don’t apply to them.

I agree, more enforcement and more caught would be good.

Agreed, the 'thick' bit was mainly to do with the fact that they're doing something to draw attention to themselves whilst in charge of a vehicle which isn't complying with the law and thus asking to be reported. It could just be down to shear arrogance I suppose, there are a lot of people like that nowadays, sadly. And after all, it's not fair to 'snitch' on them is it? :laugh:

Top Bottom