AC/DC Malcolm Young

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Sad day. :sad:

RIP Malcolm.

I never managed to see AC/DC with the great Bon Scott, but I did see them at Monsters of Rock in the eighties with the cannon on stage. A great band and a great rythm guitarist.

he'd been suffering from Dementia for some time so it may have been a relief both for him and his family.
I'm going to say no, probably not. I've got a friend who in his fifties who is dying of dementia, and his family are fighting (in a good way) to keep him alive. His wife and kids (my friend's, that is) are not going to feel relief when he dies. I suspect I will, on their behalf - but I don't love him.

Vale Malcolm.

subaqua

What’s the point
I'm going to say no, probably not. I've got a friend who in his fifties who is dying of dementia, and his family are fighting (in a good way) to keep him alive. His wife and kids (my friend's, that is) are not going to feel relief when he dies. I suspect I will, on their behalf - but I don't love him.

Vale Malcolm.

My mum was in her late 50s when we discovered she had a form of dementia . It was a relief when she went into care home , and i felt a massive relief when she died. It is different for each person .

As much as I dislike Brian Johnson as lead singer (I'll give him one album and one song since) he seems a decent bloke. ACDC are now well beyond their sell by date, and have been for a while. The Youngs are daffodils. Talented daffodils but still daffodils. And they know they have never been the same since Bon. More a tribute band, but not as good as many other tribute bands.
I just saw this and have to pull you up about it, Marmion. AC/DC are a show, people love going to their show, the band love performing that show and it pays the bills not just for themselves but for many, many others as well. It's a way of life, I would not stop supporting a soccer club because they replaced a player. And WTF is daffodils? Old people? Are you as awsome as you were 20 years ago? I am and then some but it's getting way harder to get laid or even ride up hills, aint gonna stop me trying, though.
Rant over, as you were!

Top Bottom