AC/DC Malcolm Young

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Resurrecting an old thread.

Axl Rose reportedly set to replace Brian Johnson as AC/DC frontman for rest of band's tour
Singer Johnson has been advised to stop touring due to hearing problems

upload_2016-3-24_12-37-44.png

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose could be set to fill in for Brian Johnson as the frontman of AC/DC for the rest of the hard rock band's tour, reports are suggesting.

The Australian group recently rescheduled a handful of US live dates after singer Johnson was advised by doctors to "stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss". The group issued a statement on their official website confirming that the remaining dates of their US tour will be "made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist".

Now, as reported by Alternative Nation, a radio DJ from Atlanta named Jason Bailey has claimed that a "very very good source" informed him that Rose will join the band for the rest of their tour dates after being "flown in" to the US city to audition with the group.

"This is what I’m being told, Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it’s all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the ten remaining shows. All ten, including Atlanta," the Atlanta Radio 100.5 DJ is quoted as saying.

He added: "From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] is a very black and white guy. He’s like, Brian, for health reasons, can’t continue fronting the band. He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can’t do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on."

"They’re in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in, again, this is from my source."

Guns N' Roses fansite GnR Truth had previously alleged that Axl Rose was spotted in Atlanta recently, further speculating that he might have been auditioning to link up live with AC/DC.

MiK1138

Veteran
Yes, indeed AC/DC played at the Armadale centre, I think it was '77 possibly '76. Cost me £7 to get in and the staff used to mark the back of you hand with a number. I can remember it well. My first live band.
7 Quid in 1977!!!!!! i would have wanted the band to play my living room for 7 quid

Tin Pot

Guru

Axl Rose reportedly set to replace Brian Johnson as AC/DC frontman for rest of band's tour

View attachment 122614

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose could be set to fill in for Brian Johnson as the frontman of AC/DC for the rest of the hard rock band's tour, reports are suggesting.

The Australian group recently rescheduled a handful of US live dates after singer Johnson was advised by doctors to "stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss". The group issued a statement on their official website confirming that the remaining dates of their US tour will be "made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist".

Now, as reported by Alternative Nation, a radio DJ from Atlanta named Jason Bailey has claimed that a "very very good source" informed him that Rose will join the band for the rest of their tour dates after being "flown in" to the US city to audition with the group.

"This is what I’m being told, Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it’s all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the ten remaining shows. All ten, including Atlanta," the Atlanta Radio 100.5 DJ is quoted as saying.

He added: "From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] is a very black and white guy. He’s like, Brian, for health reasons, can’t continue fronting the band. He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can’t do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on."

"They’re in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in, again, this is from my source."

Guns N' Roses fansite GnR Truth had previously alleged that Axl Rose was spotted in Atlanta recently, further speculating that he might have been auditioning to link up live with AC/DC.

Wow.

Is that real? Shame it's in the US.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

View attachment 122614

He was definitely spotted in Atlanta, I saw a photo on a music forum.

DRM

Guru
It'll be interesting to see how long it is before he throws his teddy out of the pram, just as he kept doing with guns n roses, he's a grade 1 nobber.
I think AC/DC should call it a day before they become a joke now, leave us on a high note as a brilliant band.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Anyone with a name that is an anagram of oral sex should not be singing with AC/DC

As much as I dislike Brian Johnson as lead singer (I'll give him one album and one song since) he seems a decent bloke. ACDC are now well beyond their sell by date, and have been for a while. The Youngs are daffodils. Talented daffodils but still daffodils. And they know they have never been the same since Bon. More a tribute band, but not as good as many other tribute bands.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
More just DC now with no Malcolm or Brian.

Disagree with a few, I think Brian is a great front man with a great hard rock voice ....

Not the same band anymore, Axl still has a great voice & plenty of <cough> *charisma* but he is a throbber.

In sime ways it is a shame that bands don't "evolve"

Looking at how some artists reinvent, such as the many faces of Bowie, or the changes in Pink Floyd or Genesis, it is a shame that some do not

I realise that there is a dean and for a back catalogue to be performed, but at what cost?

Top Bottom