Admin's 40th birthday ride - York environs 15 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok then just to keep him sweet.
I suggest we send him a cake every month.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
postman said:
What a great day.Congrats to all.And i noticed the site was off.

One message said Admin was delivering Cathryn's baby.!!!!!!!

I was concerned my Mum would see it :biggrin: Baby seems to have resisted all efforts to dislodge him today. But it was a fab ride.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Glad you all had a good day. Couldn't make it in the end due to the dreaded lurgi (think Velocidad sent it to me via text :biggrin:)
Apparently I now sound like Sean Connery, but without the scottish accent :biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Another enjoyable day out with more cake than riding :laugh:

Remarkably dry and fine conditions, but with admins mobile phone and it's godlike powers perhaps he changed the settings of the weather?

Missed the cake in the rush to get home ;) but did discover a lovley curry awaiting :smile: (Now got the major munchies)

But wheres the picture/s of the galaxys?

Shaun

Founder
Yes, a cracking day; thanks to everyone for showing me around the plains of Yorkshire, and for the cards ... I had a great day. (Thanks for organising it Arch) ;)

Weather, spot on. Cake, heavenly. Company, cracking.

And the CC cake was a real surprise - well done Arch. :laugh:

Made it home in good time too as the roads were nice and quite.

When I arrived, the ladies of the house presented me with an early birthday present. Early, because I'm headed back up York way next weekend - for a helicopter ride. Something I've always wanted to do, so really excited about it - should be fantastic.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
craigwend said:
But wheres the picture/s of the galaxys?

Here...

View attachment 4758

Five Galaxies of varying age and grade - mine must be the oldest and most mucked about with, and behaved pretty well - I realised the chain skip had gone by the return leg. Mind you, I have to take the cables back out to fit the inline oilers, so I might bugger it all up again!;)

I did ice the cake, although it was shop bought madeira underneath. I realised I didn't have a rolling pin to roll the icing out, so had to use my Sigg water bottle...

I'm glad everyone had a good day, we were so lucky with the weather, couldn't have wished for better. Shame there were a couple of casualties to lurgy, but we'll have to recreate it all another time!

Wow, Admin, a helicopter ride, how exciting! Where are you doing that?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:sad: :sad: :sad: 'cos I couldn't make it :sad:

:sad: :biggrin: :biggrin: for you all and for the great time and cake :smile: :biggrin:

Do we have to wait another 10 years for the next BIG CC RIDE :ohmy: ??

Maybe we'll have to arrange an Ecosse Event for you all to come to :ohmy:

hmmmmmm .............

:smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Arch said:
Wow, Admin, a helicopter ride, how exciting! Where are you doing that?
Just look up next time you are out riding ......... :biggrin:

After all, if he can switch off the forum from anywhere .....

Should we be calling him the D****r :smile: ?

I'll give it 5 mins max ....

Bokonon

Über Member
Good ride though I'm not sure that chasing the lad on the mountain bike was entirely in the friendly ethos of CycleChat :wacko:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bokonon said:
Good ride though I'm not sure that chasing the lad on the mountain bike was entirely in the friendly ethos of CycleChat :rolleyes:

Well, maybe someone should have given him the forum web address!:wacko:

Shaun

Founder
Bokonon said:
Good ride though I'm not sure that chasing the lad on the mountain bike was entirely in the friendly ethos of CycleChat :smile:

Poor bugger; turning round to see us lot bearing down on him.

It took him a good few minutes to pluck-up the courage to go past us again once we'd slowed down. I could feel his hesitation. :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
It was quite funny watching you all hare off - just like when I watched Mike Burrows latch on behind a French roadie, who became increasingly wierded out by the Ratcatcher seemingly welded to his rear wheel...

Mind you, it wasn't a good move in evolutionary/gene survival terms. While you dashed off, you left Craig behind with the ladies. If we were all cavemen*, you'd all have lost out while showing off with the mammoth hunting.:rolleyes:

*Ok, we wouldn't have bikes....

Top Bottom