Admin's 40th birthday ride - York environs 15 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry, can't make this ride. I'll try for another one sometime.

Have a good day out eh?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Cathryn said:
Any idea where you might have lunch? I can't cycle with you guys (too slow, too bump-y) but the thought of joining you for lunch/cake and maybe getting in a little pootle with the husband is very appealing!!
B) ;) :cheers:

:sad: :eek: :eek:

;) :blush: :laugh:

... erm ... this is a family site, isn't it ? :shy: :shy: :shy:

Sadly, I am unlikely to be able to attend, so will miss the pleasure of riding with and meeting you all :sad:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think West End of the Minster is the best bet yes. Admin, I think when we met, we met at the statue of Constantine, which isn't the same spot.

The normal meeting spot for anyone who hasn't joined us before, is the benches near the West End of the Minster. That is the end opposite the end with scaffolding. The benches are at the junction of High and Low Petergate and Duncombe Place, next to the little park with the war memorial. There are a few benches, and a bike rack, you shouldn't be able to miss it.

So, who have we got then? Only a week-ish to go!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Count me in

It's been booked on the family calendar for months!

So get extra cake in ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Due to a number of inconvenient situations, it would appear that the CC Ecosse representation could be as little as .... 1 xx(

We hope Scook94 manages to make it and he will bring the good wishes and grateful thanks of all of CC Ecosse to Admin and for all his work in setting up and running our favourite cycling forum :biggrin: :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Still not sure if i'm going to be there :biggrin:
My parents are over, but will be heading back home either Saturday evening, or Sunday morning, but there's no trains from Hull again & i've just sold my car, so unless I can find something else by the weekend I'll be struggling :smile: But fingers crossed I get sorted

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right, we might want to think about ride routes, esp if Cathryn and hubby do want to join us for lunch.

I've looked at the weather forecasts (BBC and metcheck) and unbeliveably it seems Sunday might be clear, with a SW wind of about 15mph.

I think we maybe have two well tried options (well, well tried by me and some of us).

1. Pocklington for lunch, via the Balloon Tree cafe for elevenses. Depending on how we feel, and the route back, this could be anything from 35 miles to 50, or about 40 is we go there and back the same way. Mainly eastwards out, and westwards back, so more headwind after lunch. Pretty flat, with some nice undulating between elevenses and lunch.

2. Some combination of Tadcaster (11ses or afternoon tea?) and Thorp Arch retail centre cafe (lunch). The tea room at Bolton Percy we went to last time is closed for the winter now, we could take a more direct route back to York. Again, I'd estimate anything between 35 and 50... Mostly flatish, but some slightly stiffer little ups and downs. Out to the west, so more likelihood of a tailwind back.

I don't think Admin has been to either with us, have you? Despite the wind, I slightly prefer the Pocklington option, I just like the route, but I'm happy to go with the majority.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I've been thinking in terms of maximum possible cake...

Cathryn

Legendary Member
As I said to Arch, please don't change the trip for us in particular - get out there and have an awesome ride and if we can join you, so much the better! Both options above look fine for me and Richard though...

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Is there a route via the Balloon Tree to Pock without going across that field? Just thinking that Admin will be on a road bike.

Top Bottom