Am I being selfish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like you should move back to France, then you'd be shot of them.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
For me it's nothing to do with the bills, I just feel more comfortable knowing that my house is locked while I am away and that I will find it in the same state when I get back. Also, there are certain clauses in my contents insurance relating to locked windows and doors etc., how would you feel if your bike was stolen while you were away because someone forgot to lock the door and it was not covered for whatever reason by your insurance?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Is this even real? Its two days, how much gas and electric can you use in two days? Really, if this is something that actually bothers you then you can probably rest assured that you have a wonderful life with absolutely nothing to worry about. I wish that's all I had to worry about, I really do.
Thank you , I am reassured by your comments and a wonderful life I have. May it stays like that for a long time yet.

mythste

Veteran
We are going away to France soon and my wife just told me that her daughter/ husband and their two children will be staying in our house for two days while we are away.
Personally, I don't like anybody staying in our house when we are not there. I get concerned that they will be reckless with the gas and electric and I will be footing the bill. When I stay with family, I treat their home the same as mine and do not abuse their utilities. I know my son in law stays up most of the night,falling asleep on the settee whilst the tv is on for example and I hate that. The kids leave lights on everywhere, the cooker stays on much longer than it should and I won't mention heating! Am I being selfish and too responsible and should think that over two days it is not going to be that bad?

Ask your wife.

Nice knowing you.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think a whole pad of yellow post it notes would do. "18 is warm enough' on the thermostat. "Have you eaten the chicken that is going out of date in the fridge" on the freezer. "Two minutes is long enough to wash yourself" on the shower. "Two sheets is enough" by the toilet roll. "No jizz" on the hot tub. That sort of thing.
Or have that advert with the Dad switching things off or down, playing on a loop on the TV

Top Bottom