Am I being selfish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Not selfish, just tighter than a duck's arse...you're not from Yorkshire are you?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Don't expect any more replies tonight. Gav has had his 5 minutes worth of having the computer switched on, burning electricity at an alarming rate, for today. He's off to bed with an extra blanket, reading a book by candlelight. :okay:

I feel the need to give my Christmas avatar an early airing tonight:

Scrooge-Christmas-Carol.jpg

Attachments

• Scrooge-Christmas-Carol.jpg
    Scrooge-Christmas-Carol.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
I'm surprised anyone would want to stay in your house.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Judging by your responses, I seem to be quite unpopular to many of you so let me explain. My parents were not poor but not wealthy either and money was always tight. At home, and that is in the 50's and 60's , we had to eat what was on our plate, none of that business of: " What do you want to eat?". Christmas was just a couple of presents, not a toy shop full, no central heating then but another jumper in a not super heated house. We were taught the value of money and the discipline of work. I am grateful to my parents for a decent up bringing by not wasting food, energies and resources. Now maybe you understand my personality better.

Does your wife have any say in this? Does she contribute in any way to the household? Do you ever have your friends round and maybe let them have a beer/wine worth more than the utilities spent?

Tim Hall

I think a whole pad of yellow post it notes would do. "18 is warm enough' on the thermostat. "Have you eaten the chicken that is going out of date in the fridge" on the freezer. "Two minutes is long enough to wash yourself" on the shower. "Two sheets is enough" by the toilet roll. "No jizz" on the hot tub. That sort of thing.
And come back to a Post-It reading "No more passive aggressive notes, thanks"? I don't think that will help.

Top Bottom