An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Amazing! I know this thread is quite old but this is fantastic!

Wow what a transformation - I cannot wait to get my bike on Tuesday. Quick question - were you a bit anxious stepping onto the tarmac your first time out?

mikmurray

Regular
You should be a cycling advert for cycling, you have done really really well, abit of determination, and belief and anything is possible.
AWESOME :bravo:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
You should be a cycling advert for cycling, you have done really really well, abit of determination, and belief and anything is possible.
AWESOME :bravo:
I try to make myself an advert for what cycling can do, even offered myself to the govt, mind you they weren't interested

Amazing! I know this thread is quite old but this is fantastic!
Certainly is. Although it may indeed be 'quite old' it deserves to keep a place on the front page IMO.

So many of us come to cycling with weight and other health issues, God knows I've fought them all my life and continue to do so, sometimes quite well, sometimes not so well :whistle:

gb155 is an inspiration to anyone trying to improve their health, whether you want to lose a pound, a stone, or a heck of a lot more, and this thread, along with his own BLOG are a great thing to go back to when you feel your getting off track.

and do you know what makes me really sick? He's a thoroughly nice bloke as well :laugh:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Certainly is. Although it may indeed be 'quite old' it deserves to keep a place on the front page IMO.

So many of us come to cycling with weight and other health issues, God knows I've fought them all my life and continue to do so, sometimes quite well, sometimes not so well :whistle:

gb155 is an inspiration to anyone trying to improve their health, whether you want to lose a pound, a stone, or a heck of a lot more, and this thread, along with his own BLOG are a great thing to go back to when you feel your getting off track.

and do you know what makes me really sick? He's a thoroughly nice bloke as well :laugh:
I'm blushing now mate, Thanks

Now, where does the cheque go? ;):biggrin:

mikmurray

Regular
I try to make myself an advert for what cycling can do, even offered myself to the govt, mind you they weren't interested
the govt was not interested....................how stupid and blind are they.
They go on about obese kids, healthy living, and with the olympics aswell, you would have thought the govt would have jumped at the chance to put your transformation on show, even if it was only for inspiration.
still.........i think everybody who sees or reads this thread/video's will understand and respect what you have done

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
the govt was not interested....................how stupid and blind are they.
They go on about obese kids, healthy living, and with the olympics aswell, you would have thought the govt would have jumped at the chance to put your transformation on show, even if it was only for inspiration.
still.........i think everybody who sees or reads this thread/video's will understand and respect what you have done
Sadly govt is now all about big business, unless they or a peer backs me ill get nowhere

Same really as I have such a desire to make a genuine difference regarding obesity in the UK

Top Bottom