• Thursday 4th August

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Friday 5th August

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Saturday 6th August

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Possibly. Never turn an opportunity to climb Whitedown :laugh:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi guys and gals, some interest via this thread and some interest via pm too, so that's all good.
I will have some commitments while down, but should be free to organise something.
Depends where people coming from, but a good meeting place might be Ockley Stastion ????
At least then there'd be a decent-ish ride before the caff at either Westhumble or Box Hill.
I'd be doing a circuit from Ockley-ish anyway, so would suit me perfectly.
Others might meet/join en route, such as @lazybloke who's suggested joining us at Chapel Lane/Ranmore Common junction.
Will sort out my commitments and post a couple of dates and times on here in the next few days or so.
Suggested route as posted previously, taking in Leith Hill, White Downs Lane, Ranmore Common, Box Hill.
I'm only suggesting this as I don't really know the area too well apart from this route, which I have done a few times. If any better ideas, please feel free to suggest, but I'd need to hand route planning over to you, bowing to your greater knowledge.:okay:

fullsizerender-4-jpg.130259.jpg

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Lots of depends, but I'd like to show my face please if the dates, times and journey work.

Me? Double denim and a leather biker's cap. You?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Me? Double denim and a leather biker's cap. You?
Possibly cowboy, or maybe construction worker :okay:

PK99

Legendary Member
Cafes better than the NT one on top of Boxhill:
The converted Citroen, Cafe a la Creme, in the car park at Ranmore Common. I'm not sure if she's there on a Saturday though.
Pilgrim Cycles at Boxhill and Westhumble station, in the old station building.

Better than both is the new cafe in the new bike shop in Box Hill village. On the right after the false flat section taking you to the real top of box hill.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Better than both is the new cafe in the new bike shop in Box Hill village. On the right after the false flat section taking you to the real top of box hill.
Thanks for the tip. After the obligatory CC photo opportunity at the top of the hill, of course :okay:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Although I strive daily for full trophy-husband status, I'm still expected to show my face weekdays at work, albeit gentleman's hours. So Saturday or bust for me. At least I can start to plan my taper (takes large slug of wine.....)

Top Bottom