anyone know this cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael86

With those comments, its even more important to give that cyclist a heavy prison sentence. Its not about retribution.

With those comments, its even more important to give that cyclist a heavy prison sentence. Its not about retribution.

Only a quarter of culpable killer drivers get a custodial sentence, there is no way this bloke will go to prison. A fine, probably.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why did the parents have CCTV set up? Was this a new variation on cash for crash?

(That was a joke, before anybody flames me!)

This story's turned into Friday's Ten Minute Hate. Sky News have even hitched the pro-helmet angle to it, as if helmets stop you riding into toddlers.

"Dragged twelve feet", well, she was knocked over, poor tyke, I dunno about dragged twelve feet.

"Hit and run" they got a photo of the bloke standing there. It was a "hit then hang around for a bit then leave".

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
the cycle lane starts two doors down. Personally there's no way I'd leave a 3 year old unattended on that pavement.

Glenn, you can see that the mother was unlocking the car, father following on with a baby, child walked out to the car following the mother. To suggest that she was "unattended" is disingenuous.

The cycle lane starts, what, 30m after where the collision took place? The cyclist should have been on the road at that point, then on the cycle lane

Unfortunately in misrepresenting the facts that we can all see with our own eyes you undermine your argument. I totally understand your position that the media should give exposure to car driving hit and runs but the way you misrepresent the facts gets in the way of this valid point. You come across as an apologist for, frankly, terrible cycling

Michael86

"Dragged twelve feet", well, she was knocked over, poor tyke, I dunno about dragged twelve feet.

"Hit and run" they got a photo of the bloke standing there. It was a "hit then hang around for a bit then leave".
Have your got anything wrong with your eye sight @glenn forger? She was clearly dragged along the pavement

Toddlers dart out. It's what they do. If you don't have hold of them they will run if they see someone they know, you've got to keep a tight hold, I doubt that's the first ever cyclist to take a short cut there on the pavement. Excusing nothing, before the straw men start, cyclist was an idiot but I can see a few ways that collision could have been avoided.

This post is absolutely judgmental

Is it me or is there something "not quite right" about the cyclist

I could be totally wrong, but I suspect when all this comes out there will be a history of learning difficulties or similar

Top Bottom