anyone know this cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Parents should be aware. What if child had run under wheels of a passing car

What if's are easy to say, being realistic as a parent, you cannot keep hold of your kids at all times, one parent was in front one behind, I think it is pretty unreasonable to suggest that that the child should be being held directly by one of the parents, there is no indication that child would go on the road. The child was on the pavement where they are allowed to be, the cyclist was on the pavement doing silly speeds where they are not allowed to be. In my humble opinion, the parents are not at fault at all.

vickster

Legendary Member
I said they should be aware, not that they were at fault

U

User6179

Toddlers dart out. It's what they do. If you don't have hold of them they will run if they see someone they know, you've got to keep a tight hold, I doubt that's the first ever cyclist to take a short cut there on the pavement. Excusing nothing, before the straw men start, cyclist was an idiot but I can see a few ways that collision could have been avoided.

Would this post not be victim blaming Glen @hypocrisy .

MarkF

Guru
No parent yet has never had a child not dart away from them at some time, it's not a matter of not looking after a child correctly, you do yourself no favours GF.

The cyclist is at fault, still, accidents happen and I'd have a degree of respect for him if had he stuck around, but knocking child over and then scuttling off, wow! :sad:

Leodis

Veteran
Sad news and no doubt he has learnt his lesson but its one of the usual Daily Mail stories. So worried about the childs health she thought to take out her phone and take pictures of said cyclist, first thought is not the child but the camera then head off to the Daily Hate.

'The speed he was going on that bike in a residential area with young children around is dangerous and this happened to Lucie out of nowhere.

How could see tell, she was paying as much attention to the cyclist as she was her kid. Hope the kid recovers from her scratches well.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Sad news and no doubt he has learnt his lesson but its one of the usual Daily Mail stories. ll.

picked up from the local rag, see post up thread.

and appears in other nationals too - the mail was just the first.

does the fact it was in the mail make the cyclist's behavior any less reprehensible?

Leodis

Veteran
picked up from the local rag, see post up thread.

and appears in other nationals too - the mail was just the first.

does the fact it was in the mail make the cyclist's behavior any less reprehensible?

Who gives a toss really. Children are been raped, slaughtered and starved to death yet Daily Hate readers have such low intelligence they can only react to a 3 year old involved in an accident. 1st world problems.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Who gives a toss really. Children are been raped, slaughtered and starved to death yet Daily Hate readers have such low intelligence they can only react to a 3 year old involved in an accident. 1st world problems.

would your response be different had my op linked to the local newspaper report rather than the Mail?

Michael86

Toddlers dart out. It's what they do. If you don't have hold of them they will run if they see someone they know, you've got to keep a tight hold, I doubt that's the first ever cyclist to take a short cut there on the pavement. Excusing nothing, before the straw men start, cyclist was an idiot but I can see a few ways that collision could have been avoided.
Like the cyclist not being on the path, and on the road like he should be.

Top Bottom