Are you a Lefty ?

Which hand dominant are you :?:

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

strofiwimple

Veteran
A "cuddy wifter" similar to Fnarr though as in batting or golf i'm right handed-anyone who has seen me play golf always asks "are you sure" I'm not that ancient (52) ok that is pretty ancient but i remember my teacher in the infants treating me as if i was a devil child and trying to force me to write with my right hand, whacking my knuckles with a ruler if i changed hands.
A smack across the kisser from my mother persuaded my teacher to let me develop as a leftie, i doubt that sort of persuasion would be tolerated now but it made me very proud of my mum at the time!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
strofiwimple said:
A "cuddy wifter" similar to Fnarr though as in batting or golf i'm right handed-anyone who has seen me play golf always asks "are you sure" I'm not that ancient (52) ok that is pretty ancient but i remember my teacher in the infants treating me as if i was a devil child and trying to force me to write with my right hand, whacking my knuckles with a ruler if i changed hands.
A smack across the kisser from my mother persuaded my teacher to let me develop as a leftie, i doubt that sort of persuasion would be tolerated now but it made me very proud of my mum at the time!
I'm right-foot dominant in footy....
I never had any "devil child" probs at school being a lefty... I'm a mere whippersnapper of 46 though, so maybe they'd got enlightened by then....:wacko:

yello

gbb said:
Right handed, but i eat left handed

Same here. The wife insists it's because I'm a lazy eater and shovel food in with the fork. But it just feels wrong to me the other way, and I drink left handed too (i.e. glass on my left). I also used to play darts left handed. I can't brush my teeth left handed though, that really does feel weird so I guess I'm naturally right handed but with a couple of quirks.

yello

Fnaar said:
The only REAL way to tell which is your 'natural' hand is to have a w@nk :biggrin:

DIY? Not on your life! :wacko:

The houseboy is left handed though!

Gary D

Fnaar said:
The only REAL way to tell which is your 'natural' hand is to have a w@nk :biggrin:

Yeah, but you should also try doing it with your other hand - because then it feels like someone else is doing it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS Especially if you adopt a different "grip" :tongue: :wacko:

Gary.

Gary D

Left handed for most things - see other post :tongue:

However, I don't think I have met a "true" left handed person where all tasks are done with that hand or foot. Hence the expression "caggy-handed".

If it is a one handed/footed activity i.e playing tennis, throwing, kicking a ball, using spoon etc I use my left hand. However, if it is two handed i.e cricket, golf, using knife and fork then I am right orientated (sorry, can't think of any two footed activities!!). I don't ever recall being forced as a child though to do things a certain way.

Also, it seems there are far less left handed females then males?

Gary.

AdamBlade

Right handed but play snooker/pool left handed. Also swap hands when using hammers/saws/screwdrivers,etc. Probably the reason why I'm no good at DIY

ChrisKH

Guru
Right handed. Daffy footed on a skateboard and a surfboard though. Don't ask me why. Actually now I think about it, I suspect it's because I'm deaf in my right ear and lead with my left side as a result. Ditto phone calls; I could put the phone to my right side, but like Rowan Atkinson sketch with the deafman and his light activated phone it would be pointless. :tongue:

Top Bottom