Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I dont think we need to discuss the police punishment anymore. I think that the way this has just blown out of proportions is going to haunt the guy for a long time. It is also affecting the passenger/wife that appears to run the business.
The internet seems to have a more prolific affect on people than the actual police.

A bit of compassion at last!:smile:

Christian society eh

A bit of compassion at last!:smile:

Christian society eh

Lets not bring religion into this.

U

User6179

I think the mods need there heads looked at for letting this run!

Nothing positive comes out of anger and bitterness!

Posting a picture of the guys daughter is just plain fkn stupid!

If you think a post has gone too far, click on the report link and say why. They will then take appropriate action as they see fit.

p.s. No I am not a mod here but I think they usually get the balance right.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I think the mods need there heads looked at for letting this run!

Nothing positive comes out of anger and bitterness!

Posting a picture of the guys daughter is just plain fkn stupid!
Eh? Why shouldn't it run? The guy assaulted someone, could've killed them, and has got off with a slapped wrist. Why the hell shouldn't people express their view that this isn't right, shouldn't be allowed to happen, and calls into question the system that lets it happen?

What 'picture of the guy's daughter'? The pictures I've seen don't feature a daughter, they feature the happy couple, and are posted to query Melissa's statement that anyone can buy a company hoodie - clearly intended to give the impression that the assailant is a stranger to her.

U

User6179

Eh? Why shouldn't it run? The guy assaulted someone, could've killed them, and has got off with a slapped wrist. Why the hell shouldn't people express their view that this isn't right, shouldn't be allowed to happen, and calls into question the system that lets it happen?

What 'picture of the guy's daughter'? The pictures I've seen don't feature a daughter, they feature the happy couple, and are posted to query Melissa's statement that anyone can buy a company hoodie - clearly intended to give the impression that the assailant is a stranger to her.

Looks like a pic of him cuddling his daughter to me, shes very young and if it is his daughter its way out of line.

U

User6179

If you think a post has gone too far, click on the report link and say why. They will then take appropriate action as they see fit.

p.s. No I am not a mod here but I think they usually get the balance right.

thanks

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's his partner/missus - it's taken from her Facebook page. The name at the bottom of the pic - Melissa Marie Bowen - is that of the woman saying 'I'm the only employee of Weird & Wonderful, and we can't be held in any way responsible for the actions of strangers who buy our sweatshirts'. That's what I call out of line.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It's his partner/missus - it's taken from her Facebook page. The name at the bottom of the pic - Melissa Marie Bowen - is that of the woman saying 'I'm the only employee of Weird & Wonderful, and we can't be held in any way responsible for the actions of strangers who buy our sweatshirts'. That's what I call out of line.
But she can be held responsible for the actions of her husband who she was in the car with. Pete Bowen.

daSmirnov

But she can be held responsible for the actions of her husband who she was in the car with. Pete Bowen.

I don't see how a passenger of a vehicle can be held responsible for the driver attempting to door someone and then assaulting someone. Married or not!

Frankly a lot of the people commenting especially on YouTube could possibly be opening themselves up for a libel suit. Especially if this bloke isn't actually on the payroll, but just related to the owner.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Incidents like this that just drain on with people discussing the same matter over and over again just tire me out.

We have established that the driver didnt get a suitable punishment. However the FB page of the company he was wearing branded clothing for has received complaints and has been removed. The Twitter account has been removed. And now the discussion is continuing in the comments of the video.

I am going to bed. :tired:

What stopped me and him i think was as soon as he got out his car after seeing the red mist we both realised what a pair of tits we were!

Seems like it would be a good method to apply in this case too.
Makes me want to ask the OP a question: if the driver was to make an offer of community service or some such, what would you have him do? What way out of this escalating confrontation?

Top Bottom