Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I'm too tired and emotionally drained to comment. I went out for a blast on the bike then drove to the parents for a cup of tea.

I've appealed the policy violation, it's in YouTube's hands now. I'm going to see a solicitor about my next step. I don't think it's fair to lambast the police. They have a procedure to follow and I was very happy with the level of support given by the 101 call handler and the investigating officer. They're beyond reproach. I'm going to seek comment from The All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group as well as my local councillors, my MP Roger Godsiff and West Midlands PCC Bob Jones.

I've accepted a local resolution so police involvement is over as I understand it. But there is no reason why I can't seek answers as to why those policies allowed him to get away with it and how those procedures can be better applied in future. This may all be beyond my wit.

redcard

Veteran
All am saying is if that guy was like that his whole life he would by now have a serious criminal record,he has no criminal record so somethings telling me he is not as bad as we are painting him.

How very naive,

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I understand that the company has received death threats. I feel sick, that's as bad as what this prat did imo. I suspect neither I or they will get any sleep tonight. The internet is amazing, but sometimes it brings out the absolute worst in people. I'm ashamed that people have done this in my name.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I understand that the company has received death threats. I feel sick, that's as bad as what this prat did imo. I suspect neither I or they will get any sleep tonight. The internet is amazing, but sometimes it brings out the absolute worst in people. I'm ashamed that people have done this in my name.

Hopefully you did get some sleep. The hacking case I was a victim of was reported on the Daily Mail website and the comments posted made me despair horribly, and at the time I wasn't sure I'd ever see the light and joy of the world again. But I did and I do.

Grim times in life can seem overwhelming but it's surprisingly how swiftly they stop seeming consuming and fade into the footnotes.

I hope you managed to get some sleep. Anyone who has made death threats or thinking to make any kind of violent threats needs to get a grip...!!!!! That makes you no better than the sad little individual who started this chain of events, please do not descend to his level. The incident should be discussed without it becoming a witch hunt.

Moving on. I was surprised You tube deleted the post as the victim was the individual who posted it and I have seen far worse incidents posted in the past. However it appears someone has reposted it here.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqBtcjOIc8

Recycle

Über Member
From some of the previous posts there is an assumption that this incident was provoke by the airzound. I'm not so sure of that. I think that this started when the cyclist was stationary next to the van shortly after it pulled out into the road. Listening to the soundtrack of the video something was said either by the female passenger of the van, or by the cyclist in a falsetto voice. I can't make out what was said. Shortly after that the cyclist shakes his head twice so clearly something happened that is out of vision. Can the OP clarify if what was said and if it had any bearing on what happened afterwards?

BSRU

A Human Being
I hope you managed to get some sleep. Anyone who has made death threats or thinking to make any kind of violent threats needs to get a grip...!!!!! That makes you no better than the sad little individual who started this chain of events, please do not descend to his level. The incident should be discussed without it becoming a witch hunt.

Moving on. I was surprised You tube deleted the post as the victim was the individual who posted it and I have seen far worse incidents posted in the past. However it appears someone has reposted it here.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqBtcjOIc8

It's also appeared here^_^

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjyVJjvd_w

BSRU

A Human Being
From some of the previous posts there is an assumption that this incident was provoke by the airzound. I'm not so sure of that. I think that this started when the cyclist was stationary next to the van shortly after it pulled out into the road. Listening to the soundtrack of the video something was said either by the female passenger of the van, or by the cyclist in a falsetto voice. I can't make out what was said. Shortly after that the cyclist shakes his head twice so clearly something happened that is out of vision. Can the OP clarify if what was said and if it had any bearing on what happened afterwards?
I thought it sounded like the cyclist commenting on the driver trying to reverse park.

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I was muttering to myself about the driver trying to park. From my angle it looked like he was leaving the space and I planned my approach to filter down his offside as he moved out. It was one of those cars with only one reverse light, so unseen to me he started to reverse and I found myself in the way. That's what the whistling and head-shaking was about. I don't recall hearing any comment from the female passenger and the van barely registered at that time.

Recycle

Über Member
I thought it sounded like the cyclist commenting on the driver trying to reverse park.
You are probably right. I still think that the problem started before the airzound because the aggressive pass appeared to be a punishment pass. It could have been the cyclists road positioning (not that there was anything wrong with it).

D

Deleted member 20519

You are probably right. I still think that the problem started before the airzound because the aggressive pass appeared to be a punishment pass. It could have been the cyclists road positioning (not that there was anything wrong with it).

It must have been a punishment pass, if you stop the video while they're overtaking - the driver is gesticulating at the cyclist.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I wouldn't think too much on it. They will be keyboard warriors and will do nothing. If they did, then im sure they can get on a bike and the fellow will beat them up.

Top Bottom