Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

If this had been an assault on a copper or anyone not on a bicycle, I bet they would pursue it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Were you Chris Huhne reading this thread you might not be too impressed.

He got locked up for telling a porkie to avoid a speeding ticket.

This guy made false and damaging allegations against the cyclist - 'he hit me/my van' - in a bid to evade prosecution for assault.

If Huhne can be prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice, why not this clown?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
This guy made false and damaging allegations against the cyclist - 'he hit me/my van' - in a bid to evade prosecution for assault.
If Huhne can be prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice, why not this clown?

If only life was so simple.....

The video doesn't show anyone hitting a van. There is clearly a confrontation between the two but again the video is not clear. The OPs best hope would be an independent witness, I would suggest the bus driver had a grandstand seat of the clash.
Certainly threatening words and behaviour, but without clear evidence or witnesses I wouldn't hold my breath.

On a humorous and cynical note, would it be wrong of me to buy one of the shop's hoodies, then get it overprinted with a still of the driver looking menacing? I think I would nickname him Thumper.
'Meet Thumper, one of the pet shops cuddly animals'.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This whole incident reminds me of the one I was involved in on New Years Day with a taxi. I posted my video online and it spiraled out of control when the other person uploaded their video. The taxi firm was contacted by people from YT and threats were made to the driver.
When I went to the police station to make a statement, I was met with "we have already been contacted about this incident and the company has received many phone calls about it". I knew this would be the case and could only say "I dont agree with outside people contacting anyone or getting involved in it and I cannot be held responsible for the actions of others".

People from YT getting involved is off their own backs, you cannot control it (apart from not uploading the video). Its sad that he is getting death threats but I feel that this is more of a punishment than the police could have possibly given him.

Black Country, I know what you are feeling right now because the exact same happened to me (not the assault part).

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Interesting thread this and I've seen a few of these 'witch hunt' cases and I'm gradually coming to the idea that it's a good thing. No doubt the aggressor in question will be getting a harder time than may be fair but the wider message it sends seems to be a positive. I know that the red mist dispels reason but I'm not convinced that there aren't underlying assumptions. People prone to the red mist don't go there in all situations and circumstances. So there must be something about roads and driving that contribute to this.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I have been following this thread with great interest. The video was shocking and I cannot believe that there was no prosecution for this incident. And I think it is the disbelief and frustration people feel at the constant lack of justice in this country that has caused the massive reaction, and in many cases over reaction. I hope that Black country ste is ok and that this doesn't get out of control and cause more problems for him. There are some real lowlifes and scum out there who think they are beyond the law. Let's not stoop to their level and instead look after each other. I sincerely hope that at some point soon that something is done about the justice system in this country. I also hope that better education is introduced in regards to cyclists and their safety.

The company are on the back foot, the owner told a few fibs to cover up for the driver- her husband. The outcome is disappointing, you've got clear evidence and the driver avoids any official sanction that is meaningful.

Recycle

Über Member
The company are on the back foot, the owner told a few fibs to cover up for the driver- her husband. The outcome is disappointing, you've got clear evidence and the driver avoids any official sanction that is meaningful.
I think its important not to target his wife in any way (I'm not implying you did).

This guy has demonstrated that his temper is unstable and its quite possible that she is a victim of that instability too. If she is a victim then she is also deserving of sympathy and it would be doubly unfair if her business is put at risk because of his actions.

If it was her with him in the car then she should have tried to make him see sense and stop digging his hole. But you're right, we don't know the dynamics of their relationship, it wouldn't surprise me if he treats his wife to outbursts of that vicious temper.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I hope BlackCountrySte feels nothing at all about the way the rest of the internet has treated the driver and wife. He isn't responsible for any threats made, and shouldn't take any of that upon his own shoulders. I shouldn't imagine any of those threats are credible anyway, and all of that they brought down upon themselves by behaving in such a way in public. All their own fault.

Top Bottom