Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
I'm not a mod, and I'm not looking to protect the subject, but dare I suggest that a few of the posts above are sailing dangerously close to defamation? Comment on the facts, opine about what you have seen, leave personal conjecture well, well alone.

This ain't the pub.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I'm not a mod, and I'm not looking to protect the subject, but dare I suggest that a few of the posts above are sailing dangerously close to defamation? Comment on the facts, opine about what you have seen, leave personal conjecture well, well alone.

This ain't the pub.
I think you misunderstood what a forum is.
They are the pubs of the internet where the drinks are much cheaper.
Also which ones are close to "defamation" anyhow? I dont see any.

It's really not defamation to say that that driver is probably equally horrible to other people. If he gets all punchy because of a blast on an air horn what does he do when something serious annoys him?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Even if you did say something defamatory about that driver, I suspect that quite a good defence would be that his reputation didn't suffer as a result of what you said, as it had already been trashed by his own behaviour in that video. :smile:

Regardless, you probably won't enjoy the lawyering if he chooses to sue you, so best not to in the first place really.

Yes, that's what the company owner said, she firmly denied knowing the thug driver, then someone on Reddit found her Facebook account complete with pictures of her and the driver in an embrace.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It's sad in a way, her wedding photos have never had so many views, and it's because she married a gobby hooligan.
Gobby? Oh, you mean someone who talks with their fists. Its called being behind in the line of evolution. This ape can only do one thing.

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I hope BlackCountrySte feels nothing at all about the way the rest of the internet has treated the driver and wife. He isn't responsible for any threats made, and shouldn't take any of that upon his own shoulders. I shouldn't imagine any of those threats are credible anyway, and all of that they brought down upon themselves by behaving in such a way in public. All their own fault.

It's neither my fault or responsibility if a few low lives have hijacked my experience to cause trouble and fear but I can't help but feel bad. That's just my nature.

I want to see if there's anything I can do to bring about a positive outcome for them via the media. I don't live far from this business and have to pass the shop every day. I don't want to be made a pariah in my community because a local business has been destroyed. Yes, the bloke brought it on himself by his actions but he will have allies and sympathisers in the area. I'd like to not have some Mail-reading nutter torch my car or home just as he really doesn't want harm to come to his wife and young kids.

He's an idiot, yes. He may be a thug, it may have been a moment of madness. He might be genuinely remorseful or just sorry for himself. Castigate the idiot who attacked me at will but he's been lawfully dealt with. Let's get answers from those who make the law and set policies that lead to people being let off lightly for violent assaults.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
He's an idiot, yes. He may be a thug, it may have been a moment of madness. He might be genuinely remorseful or just sorry for himself. Castigate the idiot who attacked me at will but he's been lawfully dealt with. Let's get answers from those who make the law and set policies that lead to people being let off lightly for violent assaults.

very sensible - Witch hunts never turn out well.

The only thing I would say - at the end of the vid where you say you will be contacting the police - he didn't care, he couldn't give two hoots about it. I wonder if his attitude has changed now.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Can someone explain what the benefit is in spreading or attempting to get this YT video to go viral, post pics of family etc?

I fully understood the benefit of the cam footage in respect of showing it to the Police and then taking whatever they decided to do on the chin, but the rest of this thread for reasons I cannot clarify to myself I find distasteful. I suppose it feels like bullying, rather than using the brute force bullying displayed in the cam footage it is the force of the internet being used. I cannot help but feel two wrongs do not make a right.

Top Bottom