Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This driver hold the police in such contempt he lies to them. His wife's also a liar. They deserve their fleeting moment of exposure.

It is very common for people to lie to the police relating to incidents involving cyclists.
Just like the incident with the taxi driver I was involved in. He claimed that I swore at him and was giving him abuse on a road just before the incident. The police asked me about this and I showed them the full video, where he was nowhere to be seen. The inspector said to the driver that he was lying and the driver then said that he did lie.
If there is one charge, the police dont often pick up on 'small things' like lying, even though it is blatent.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
May have twittered him :rolleyes:, I have lost track who I have lol. By the looks it spread from who I wittered
100k by tomoz no trouble. Your famous. LOL
The power of the almighty internetsssssssss
Because I posted the video on my FB page, I had a mate message me asking if I was okay. I told him that it wasnt me and he wondered why I had turned Brummy.

The video isnt as popular as mine yet. 648,000 on my highest hitting video. 145,000 on my second too! I have seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of views I have been getting though.
My channel is nearing 1 million views now so I thing I need to make a video to commemorate it.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
He passed a letter of apology to the police on Thursday and they will forward it to me through the post. It hasn't arrived yet.
It would be interesting to see if he genuinely apologised or if he has twisted it around to make it sound like an apology to the police. Something along the lines of "I am sorry that I retaliated to you blasting your very loud horn at me". Even in text, you can tell if an apology is meant or not.

BSRU

A Human Being
It seems the owner of a similarly named company in Lancashire is getting lots of grief from the terminally stupid on the internet.

Sara_H

Guru
Was the driver actually cautioned? A spokesperson for WMP on twitter seems to be suggesting that he was.

BSRU

A Human Being
Was the driver actually cautioned? A spokesperson for WMP on twitter seems to be suggesting that he was.
The cyclist was asked if he wanted the driver cautioned or a local resolution(compensation and an apology), he went for the local resolution.

Sara_H

Guru
The cyclist was asked if he wanted the driver cautioned or a local resolution(compensation and an apology), he went for the local resolution.
I see. So does local resolution mean that the offence will show up on his records or not?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Can someone explain what the benefit is in spreading or attempting to get this YT video to go viral, post pics of family etc?

I fully understood the benefit of the cam footage in respect of showing it to the Police and then taking whatever they decided to do on the chin, but the rest of this thread for reasons I cannot clarify to myself I find distasteful. I suppose it feels like bullying, rather than using the brute force bullying displayed in the cam footage it is the force of the internet being used. I cannot help but feel two wrongs do not make a right.

In respect of the perpetrator this serves almost no purpose he's already had a big wake up call.

But in the wider interest it is helping to chip away at what lies beneath our collective attitudes to social interaction in general and in relation to motoring in particular. I have known people that would be classed as perfectly normal in every respect until you put them behind the wheel of a car. Part of what has fuelled that is the belief that it is somehow acceptable and that you will probably get away with it. People don't tend to alter their belief systems based on stuff being explained in a calm rational way. Using some form of shock tactic is well established and can be seen in public service ads re speeding, texting and drink driving.

This is the internet equivalent of putting someone in the village stocks and yes it's very distasteful...but if it works...

Well said.
It's also apparent that people are perfectly normal until you put them in front of a keyboard!
So in addition to having a driver fly off the handle with his fists, there's the compound* effect of people over-reacting with comments and emails, widening the scope of damage to third parties!

The shock of watching aggressive videos brings on the red mist in its own way...
*NB - I didn't say knock-on effect!

In respect of the perpetrator this serves almost no purpose he's already had a big wake up call.

But in the wider interest it is helping to chip away at what lies beneath our collective attitudes to social interaction in general and in relation to motoring in particular. I have known people that would be classed as perfectly normal in every respect until you put them behind the wheel of a car. Part of what has fuelled that is the belief that it is somehow acceptable and that you will probably get away with it. People don't tend to alter their belief systems based on stuff being explained in a calm rational way. Using some form of shock tactic is well established and can be seen in public service ads re speeding, texting and drink driving.

This is the internet equivalent of putting someone in the village stocks and yes it's very distasteful...but if it works...

Andrew_P

In between here and there

Pretty much agree with most of your post, "if it works" I am not entirely sure is does work I do not think the cycling community is coming out of this smelling of roses either.

Top Bottom