Best bike tool...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
...and the most used:cheers:

image.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mine would be my workstand

LimeBurn

Über Member
Workstand is most used - but I do love my torque wrench for some reason knowing each bolt on the bike is done up to the exact torque is somehow very satisfying indeed.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Floor pump. It gets used every week, and being able to pump up both tyres in 30 seconds is very, very convenient.

young Ed

Veteran
Workstand is most used - but I do love my torque wrench for some reason knowing each bolt on the bike is done up to the exact torque is somehow very satisfying indeed.
i think we have a 1/4" torque wrench and i know we have a 3/8" and 1/2" one of which i will never trust now after it sheared an engine head bolt because it never clicked and it didn't feel well too tight :cursing:

problem is we don't have any allen key socket bits and virtually everything on my bike is an allen bolt
Cheers Ed

Venod

Eh up
Not my best bike tool but a contender for the handiest, anybody know what its used for ?

P1000430.JPG

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not my best bike tool but a contender for the handiest, anybody know what its used for ?

View attachment 62836
I've no idea but I always like new uses for old inner tubes. Off the top of my head, if you take a pair of scissors to an old tube, tie a knot in the end further from the valve, pour oil in the open end and then seal both ends with cable ties, you might be able to use it as an oil applicator for awkward places. With a slightly opened valve, dabbing the valve end onto the spot to be oiled, while giving the tube a very light squeeze, it might work. Alternatively, you might end up with an oil-drenched bike.

Top Bottom