Best bike tool...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
Your torque wrenches should always be calibrated every so often :smile:

i think we have a 1/4" torque wrench and i know we have a 3/8" and 1/2" one of which i will never trust now after it sheared an engine head bolt because it never clicked and it didn't feel well too tight :cursing:

problem is we don't have any allen key socket bits and virtually everything on my bike is an allen bolt
Cheers Ed

Colin_P

Guru
Disappointed at clicking into this and not finding out what the pig inseminator looking bit of tube actually is.

My fave tools, although I hate having to use them, but that is not their fault, are a pair of old steel tyre levers I've had for what must be over 30 years. A nice fine end unlike the chunky plastic modern ones.

Venod

Eh up
Well its nothing very exciting.

Its for retaining the bearings in Cannondale headshock forks when you strip them, it will probably work with a lefty as well. you insert it and inflate and the bearings stop were they are, its important the strip bearings remain in their original positions.

The pig inseminator made me smile.

U

User169

My trusty Amstel Gold tool. Shortly to be pressed into service.
image.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
i think we have a 1/4" torque wrench and i know we have a 3/8" and 1/2" one of which i will never trust now after it sheared an engine head bolt because it never clicked and it didn't feel well too tight :cursing:

problem is we don't have any allen key socket bits and virtually everything on my bike is an allen bolt
Cheers Ed
You can get hex key socket sets on Ebay quite cheaply. Get some adaptors so you can fit them to all the wrenches.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergen-13...=2&rkt=6&sd=291299869376&rt=nc#ht_3987wt_1190

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone still got their Cool Tool, comes in a nice pouch too, still got mine.

show_image.php?id=918.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
Your torque wrenches should always be calibrated every so often :smile:
yeah will tyry that but TBH this is a cheap shoot one any way :sad:
will look at getting them when i don't need to pay for a V5/log book, bib tights, bottles and then i have insurance coming up in the new year probably. look like a worthwhile investment though :smile:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom