Best of the instant coffees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I'm quite a fan of the Kenco Millicano for cheap and cheerful. Personally I have an addiction to the Starbucks Christmas blend and their instants are lovely...

Why is it that most people have seemed to un-learn the rather simple task of sticking some ground coffee into some hot water (or milk) and then pouring it into a cup and instead stand there while some ponce does it for you and then give him £2.50?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Moka pot user here, but switch to a cafetière if making more than two cups... but when i do want instant, it's Dowe Egberts Espresso... it's not a patch on proper coffee but not bad for an instant.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Why is it that most people have seemed to un-learn the rather simple task of sticking some ground coffee into some hot water (or milk) and then pouring it into a cup and instead stand there while some ponce does it for you and then give him £2.50?
they haven't... they stick coffee into some hot water (or milk) and then pour it into a cup and wait for some muppet to give them £2.50 for it :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I like Millicano and Azera for the instant coffees. I have a 'camping' mug that doubles as a French Press (Caffetiere thing) so I can have 'proper' coffee whenever I like.

potsy

Rambler
I like Millicano and Azera for the instant coffees. I have a 'camping' mug that doubles as a French Press (Caffetiere thing) so I can have 'proper' coffee whenever I like.
Just noticed they are doing 3 for 2 on Azera and Millicano is on offer as well in Tesco :cuppa:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I suppose, technically, if I were to do a time and motion study at the office , it works out more expensive for me to go and buy and grind the beans, boil a kettle, set up and make a pot of filtered coffee, go and buy and then steam heat the milk + combine the parts then it does to nip into the cafe or Waitrose over the road and pay for a ready made one at lunch time. The alternative of making a cup of tea takes seconds.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
INSTANT coffee!!!!!!
xx(

Cafetiere ... simples. Put whatever ground coffee takes yer fancy in it.
Life really is too short to drink INSTANT coffee.

Standard instant Nescafe, preferably bought from Tesco or some other unethical retailer.

Lovely with a drop of skimmed longlife milk, preferably from a farmer who is being forced to produce it at a loss.

Life is too short to mess about with cafetieres and to worry about having a conscience.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I don't... which is even better, but Iose time [in my time and motion study] in the queue waiting for the blue rinse brigade dithering.

Top Bottom