Best sub £200 electric guitar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything amazing, just reliable and with a fairly alright tone. Oh....and this is a big oh...I play left handed.

Cheers!

Mel.

Radius

SHREDDER
Either a Yamaha Pacifica, or a Squier Strat would probably be your best bet. Depending on the type of music you want to play, either a 'fat strat' (ie one with a humbucker), or, er, not! :wacko: Amp is more important for tone.

thomas

the tank engine
Melvil said:
Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything amazing, just reliable and with a fairly alright tone. Oh....and this is a big oh...I play left handed.

Cheers!

Mel.

Have a little search here:

http://www.guitar123.co.uk/guitars/electric/

Probably a Yamaha is your best bet for that price though. I worked on the guitar123 website with a company I worked for back home and it is probably your best bet for finding a guitar online in the UK. It lists most guitars available at the top UK manufactures.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I got my son a lovely squier strat for under two hundred, by the time I got a few extras, it crept up to £250 though so beware.

I actualy prefered the sound of the Yamaha pacifica (humbucker) you see or I believe the Telecaster is the Squier which alrewady has the humbucker fitted.

Melvil said:

Cheers!

Mel.

unfortunate, all the tabs are upside down.

I learned to play right handed.

Radius

SHREDDER
djtheglove said:
or I believe the Telecaster is the Squier which alrewady has the humbucker fitted.

Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :wacko:

Radius said:
Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :tongue:

I've got a "fat tele" made by Squier and it's great. It was nice straight out of the box, but I've upgraded it with better pickups and it really is a good guitar now.

Radius

SHREDDER
If yer into alder / humbucker flat whiney, which some people are, and I'm not always against...s'all dynamics, innit. :tongue:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Radius said:
Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :tongue:

just realised, its the first time I have seen you talk about anything other than bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Oh except when you mentioned cameras once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
djtheglove said:
just realised, its the first time I have seen you talk about anything other than bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Oh except when you mentioned cameras once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Heh, believe me, it was guitars first, then cameras, then bikes. I know tonnes more about photography (and probably guitar as well) than I do about bikes... :tongue:

Top Bottom