Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My Felt. Dunno, pretty light I guess.

My Pinnacle. Not quite as light as the Felt.

My Trance. A bit heavier.

My Alpinestars. Lighter than the Trance.

My Saracen. Pretty hefty.

My Elswick. Not too bad.

My Pace. Dunno yet as been too busy (lazy) to get round to bolting it together.

Even if I were interested, knowing weight of each of my mules is of zero utility hence not having put them on the scales.

Bike with me on it and some water about 90kg So really see not need to suffer or sweat over the odd 2kg.
Prefer to enjoy the hour cycling and get there 30 seconds later.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Have you stolen my Trax TFS.1 and painted it blue..?

I'll grant it looks similar, but it's my son's discarded Tesco Special, and no, it doesn't have a Shimano rear mech. It has, however, got me riding & fixing bikes again.

mattobrien

Guru
My Kinesis Pro 6 with full mud guards and rack comes in at about 10.2kgs, my summer bike comes in at 7kgs. While it is not all down to the weight, my summer bike goes a lot better than the Kinesis.

Just about to get a winter bike (demoting the Kinesis to commuting duties), so that'll get put on the scales at LBS to see where it comes in. I am guessing it'll be a touch over 8kgs, which from an alu frame and disc brakes, probably isn't that bad. Here's hoping it'll go like the wind too

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
BTwin Triban 500 SE; 10.6kg
Old Reliable (Apollo TDF); 11.5kg
Old Unreliable (Mongoose Crossway); not sure, but it's attracting small planetoids around it, how something cast in 6061 ally can have the density of lead is staggering.

si_c

Guru
Curious, so just weighed it, Peugeot road bike (steel obvs) with mudguards, mud, saddlebag, mounts etc still on, 12.5kg. Add in the lock, water bottle and lights you're probably looking at another 3kg.

Old jon

Guru
The makers say 10 kg and I have not checked. As a few others do, I carry a large saddlebag, spares, camera and so on, one of these ( warmer ) days I will ride the bike without all that and be totally converted to the lightest possible and no spares. Maybe.

Top Bottom