Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The makers say 10 kg and I have not checked. As a few others do, I carry a large saddlebag, spares, camera and so on, one of these ( warmer ) days I will ride the bike without all that and be totally converted to the lightest possible and no spares. Maybe.
Maker weights do all sorts of tricks. At best, they're usually without guards and luggage-carriers, but I think often it's the smallest frame and forks, without pedals, saddle, chain... They're right up there with lumens as a useless measurement IMO.

I am trying to be stricter about what accumulates in my bag (the camera, battery and leads are new residents!) and using a lighter bag without the expanding pockets if I'm sure I won't need them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Maker weights do all sorts of tricks. At best, they're usually without guards and luggage-carriers, but I think often it's the smallest frame and forks, without pedals, saddle, chain... They're right up there with lumens as a useless measurement IMO.

I am trying to be stricter about what accumulates in my bag (the camera, battery and leads are new residents!) and using a lighter bag without the expanding pockets if I'm sure I won't need them.
But I wouldn't mind that if everyone would give those figures, it would only be a starting point in a "that bike is going to be 5 kgs lighter than this one" point of view.

mattobrien

Guru
Caad12 disc dura ace 58cm, with pedals came in at 8.35kgs when put on the scales at the bike shop when I picked it up yesterday.

I have added the following since then;
Bottle cage
Speed and cadence sensor
Garmin mount
Saddle bag
Mudguards (clip one, so they'll be coming off unless it's wet)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Rose 7.5kg (+saddle pack 8.5kg)
Ribble 7005SL 9.00kg (+saddle pack 10.00kg)
Ribble Winter 11.5kg with winter saddle pack
all with pedals, bottle pages etc, bells, etc.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Rose 7.5kg (+saddle pack 8.5kg)
Ribble 7005SL 9.00kg (+saddle pack 10.00kg)
Ribble Winter 11.5kg with winter saddle pack
all with pedals, bottle pages etc, bells, etc.

I really must get a new bike.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Best bike: Raleigh Pioneer Jaguar - 17kg.
Knockabout bike: Hawk Trakatak - 18kg.

I was quite shocked when I finally got round to weighing the two and found there was only 1 kilo between them. I always thought the Raleigh felt fairly light.:wacko: It certainly feels a lot lighter than the Hawk to ride.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I really must get a new bike.
A new bike is not all what's cracked to be: you know @Rickshaw Phil does many 100 mile rides plus rides up hill I could not even do on foot on his 17kg bike? :notworthy:
All my bikes are in the region of 15 to 20kg once all the bits I need to carry are on.
Apart from the road bike, hanging in the spare room for over a year because I'm scared of it :laugh: it feels very light :ohmy:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
No guards, no racks, no lights?
As I said - Topeak saddlepacks, large on winter bike, medium . No racks. Guards on the winter bike. Small front and rear 'to be seen' lights on all,with larger Cateye rear on winter bike. Not 'headlights' - added as needed. Pumps and full kit in saddlepacks.

Top Bottom