Black Cotic Roadrat - Stolen SE London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Stolen from outside Halfrauds on the Old Kent Road at 1pm this afternoon.
Rather distinctive with 8 speed Sora STI, new cassette & chain, no bar tape, black frame, yellow tyres.

Will kill for safe return.
Reward given for the head of thief on spike.:biggrin:

peanut

don't tell me you didn't lock it up :biggrin:

Thats why I never leave my bike anywhere. I take the front wheel off and carry it in on my shoulder. Even gone into a hospital with my bike.:biggrin:

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your bike. I would go back to the store and make a note of which CCTV cameras inside the shop and outside in the street might have caught the thief . If you know the approx time frame then ask if you can see the footage .

It might have been an opportunist thief that was in the shop when you arrived and left before you did. he will be on cctv

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Thank you Peanut.

T'was locked.

Heavy duty cable lock, they knew what they were doing.
In fact I felt I'd clocked a couple of suspicious types when I locked it up.
I was in the shop for 8 minutes.

Anywasy, I've reported it stolen and the manager on duty at Halfords is going to check the CCTV for the approximate time, although the Police will also be following that up in their investigation.

Time to build the ol' MTB up again or I ain't got no wheels for work on Monday!
Ho hum.

peanut

tdr1nka said:
Thank you Peanut.

T'was locked.

Heavy duty cable lock, they knew what they were doing.
In fact I felt I'd clocked a couple of suspicious types when I locked it up.
I was in the shop for 8 minutes.

If they were armed with bolt croppers it sounds to me like they are sitting watching the shop . They must know that lots of cyclists ride to halfords and park bikes outside. I reckon a gang are watching the shop maybe from a car or a van parked nearby .

If it were me I'd be tempted to take another bike to the store next Sat 1pm and leave it outside and have a couple of friends standing around outside the store with concealed rounders bats

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
:tongue: Wah.

Worth a look round Brick Lane tomorrow?

tdr1nka said:
Just had call back from manager of Halfords to say that their CCTV doesn't cover the bike rack.:tongue: Or at least not at the precise time.
Will have to wait and see what the Police say.

That's clever isn't it. The CCTV doesn't cover the bike rack, which fookin genius thought of that.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
mate that is outrageous, how can a shop like Halfords not CCTV the bike racks, and how can the police not find it an easy spot to pick up bike thieves?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
*Group set hug*:ohmy:

Thanks again for all your kind words.

I got a message from the Police today and they will be following up the theft but as it was stolen on Saturday I really don't hold out any hope.

I will say that I shall no longer use any kind of cable lock in the future and I am quietly dreaming that Clarty Hack gets nicked so I'm forced to borrow the sponds for a new bike.

That's probably not the right attitude is it?:blush:

Top Bottom