Bloody weather is going to drive me indoors!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

[QUOTE 4040324, member: 9609"]I think we are about to have a weather event here. We have had a huge amount of rain this past few days and the rivers are massive. They are now forecasting another 3 inches over the next 24 hours - I'm thinking by the early hours of Sunday we could be seeing something quite extraordinary.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by a 'weather event'. The weather is bad now, but we knew it was coming. Are you saying something is about to happen that nobody predicted?

And 'quite extraordinary', like what?

/me confoosed by your choice of phrase:wacko:

Julia9054

Guru
Looks lovely outside my window now. Until you notice how far the trees are bending!
Turbo for me yet again today.
Son has a gig playing with his jazz band at the local Christmas market this aft. He's going to need about 20 clothes pegs to keep his music on his stand!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just got in after the supermarket run and some streams about 12' wide have appeared on the hillside where I have never seen streams before - although Lovely Wife says they were there in 2009 when we had a very wet period. I'm not arguing with her as I know my place. :rolleyes:

Was interesting coming up the big hill to the house - it has turned into a water course. Quite impressive really it's just over 11% and is 'flooded'.

Quite a big sheep moving operation going on at a couple of the local farms - low fields are looking a bit lake like and the woolies have been shoved up the hills so they can carry on eating.

marcg868

Another day off another day sat on the couch watching rubbish on the telly. How
Ing winds and rain lashing the window. Thoroughly fed up now. Hopefully get out for a ride after I finish work tomorrow at 1500.

Might go and lube my chain and put some car wax on the frame. Only bike interaction I'll be getting today.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bins getting blown around the streets , so we are putting the x mas decorations up although the extending ladder dropped on my foot as it retracted from full height and im hoping i havent broke some toes ,bloody painful !

Mrs M

Guru
image.jpg
image.jpg
Quite mild her today after a horrible week.
Took the opportunity to finally plant some flowers that I bought about a month ago. Some of them look a bit sad but hopefully feel better now their in the ground :smile:.
Cat was supervising the job from indoors as the rain came on a wee bit.
image.jpeg

snorri

Legendary Member
Quite mild her today after a horrible week. Took the opportunity to finally plant some flowers that I bought about a month ago. Some of them look a bit sad but hopefully feel better now their in the ground :smile:.Cat was supervising the job from indoors as the rain came on a wee bit.
^_^Good to see a bit of optimism^_^ and cheer^_^ on this thread which has been dominated by greetin' minnies.^_^:biggrin:

Spent the afternoon writing my Christmas cards. Their recipients will doubtless be surprised to be getting them so early but it feel like a productive use of an awful day.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bliddy awful place to live, and if I can fix things to make it possible, I am off to somewhere that outdoor activities are more pleasurable.
How would you build fitness for summer without these challenging conditions, though? Would you appreciate the good spells if there was no contrast? Into each rain, a little life must fall...

Top Bottom