Camping weekend - East Yorkshire 23rd July - 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
I could possibly transport myself & 3 others inc bikes to & from Beverley on the Saturday ;)
Not sure if anyone else will be here with motorised transport to assist :ohmy:

That's an idea... I was just thinking it would be nice to have a pedal-powered weekend though. I guess we can work out the logistics nearer the time.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
At present there seems to be about 7 or 8 interested in part or all weekend. The Friday night is probably going to consist of a ride to Beverley to watch the cycling.
The Saturday will be the Sportive ride for those taking part
What are people's preferences for Sunday, bearing in mind that some may have to cycle a considerable distance home ? Shall I plan a short ride up to Mr Moos Ice cream parlour :ohmy: ?

Can people also give an idea as to what they want to do regarding meals? is the prefernce to cook own meals on camp stove, or go out for a meal ? There is a nice pub about 3 miles west that offers a carvery for just over a fiver & very, very nice deserts :tongue:

Directions to site from Trans Pennine Trail HERE

Arch said:
Do we have a definite list of who's coming and when? I mean, I don't want to end up in a tent on my own in a field on the Thursday night....

Couldn't have you on your own. I'd nip up once its good and dark. Slap a bit of stage 'pancake' on, a northwave 'bones' jersey, and wander around the field rattling a bike chain whilst making 'Whurrr-whurrr' noises :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
Couldn't have you on your own. I'd nip up once its good and dark. Slap a bit of stage 'pancake' on, a northwave 'bones' jersey, and wander around the field rattling a bike chain whilst making 'Whurrr-whurrr' noises :biggrin:

Hmm, thankyou...

I'm happy to eat at the pub, if it's not too pricey. The ability to make tea on site is pretty much all I need.:biggrin:

Ice cream sounds good! Will anyone be staying over on Sunday night? I could probably justify a Monday off to ride back...

i'm confirmed on the sportive for the saturday. went for the 100km route.
i'm aloud to play out for the whole weekend :tongue: looking forward to it.
yep pub food gets my vote too.
cheers,

velocidad.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I'll meet (phone Salty) you all in Beverley on the Friday night, as I'm away that day, but managed ot persuade Mrs craigwend to drop me off with a bike on the way past.

I'm doing the 100k as well.

Not sure how popping up will fit over the weekend though, it's the girls birthday that week & some fatherly activites will have to be adhered, though a trip to Mr Moos....

Shaun

Founder
I'm unfortunately not going to be able to make the ride on Saturday (I was hoping to do one of the shorter ones), however I wouldn't mind popping up on the Sunday to say hello if anyone's around.

Cheers,
Shaun :welcome:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
I'm unfortunately not going to be able to make the ride on Saturday (I was hoping to do one of the shorter ones), however I wouldn't mind popping up on the Sunday to say hello if anyone's around.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Guys, we need to get away early on Sunday so that we're not there when Admin..

Oh! Admin. Hi there!:biggrin:

Looking forward to this, it's my summer holiday!

Have I just buggered the weather prospects?

Looking like myself and and DS are up for Saturday night camping and Mr.Moos. (DS was in no way influenced by ice-cream at all :biggrin:) Mrs.P and DD are planning to meet us at Mr.Moos as its DD birthday and she wants, requires demands a cow-pat.

Any idea of approximate time everyone will be back on Sat from the rides at Beverley?

Arch - I may be able to slope off for a bit on Thursday if you are cycling over and want a bit of company for the last bit of the journey. In a sort of puffing and panting in your (centurion) slipstream manner. Or just a hand to carry tray bakes ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
Looking like myself and and DS are up for Saturday night camping and Mr.Moos. (DS was in no way influenced by ice-cream at all :?:smile: Mrs.P and DD are planning to meet us at Mr.Moos as its DD birthday and she wants, requires demands a cow-pat.

Any idea of approximate time everyone will be back on Sat from the rides at Beverley?

Arch - I may be able to slope off for a bit on Thursday if you are cycling over and want a bit of company for the last bit of the journey. In a sort of puffing and panting in your (centurion) slipstream manner. Or just a hand to carry tray bakes :laugh:

Ah, thanks, but I'm heading over on Friday now - Helen has suggested, and I have concurred that it's a bit daft, when she lives in Beverley, to go out to the coast on Friday and be back in for an early start on Saturday, so intend to stay at Helen's on Friday...

Soltydog:
I'd like to ride back on the Monday, so is it ok to stop over at the field on the Sunday night? I don't mind being alone if I have to. Plans may change if the weather is dreadful. Remind me, does it ever rain much over that part of the world?:laugh:

I will do my best to bring comestibles, although some people are going to be sick of my recipe by now. It'll depend on whether there's room in the panniers...

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Soltydog:
I'd like to ride back on the Monday, so is it ok to stop over at the field on the Sunday night? I don't mind being alone if I have to. Plans may change if the weather is dreadful. Remind me, does it ever rain much over that part of the world?:rolleyes:

That will be fine. I'll be cutting the grass this weekend & the paddock will be free for the next few weeks if anyone fancies staying on even longer :laugh:
It hardly ever rains over here :smile:

Top Bottom