Camping weekend - East Yorkshire 23rd July - 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
If I can make it, I'll leave the bike at home and just bring my sledge and a big funnel with a big scoop.

zacklaws

Guru
Plans might have to change for me, just come off my bike on a quick run out, bike seems to be ok, but I'm a bit cut up down one side in a few places. Feeling its going to hurt tonight somehow. If my leg and arm don't swell up I should be OK

Shaun

Founder
Sorry to hear that, doesn't sound too good. :rofl:

Maybe you could put some ice cream on them? :blush:

We had better be going there after all this discussion over ice-cream. I've now got to go anyway as it's Miss P birthday and she wants a cow-pat. For anyone that doesn't know a Mr.Moo cow-pat is a large plate of chocolate ice-cream, brownies, chocolate ice-cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate ice-.....you get the idea.

Shaun

Founder
Piemaster said:
... a Mr.Moo cow-pat is a large plate of chocolate ice-cream, brownies, chocolate ice-cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate ice-.....you get the idea.

View attachment 3603

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
We had better be going there after all this discussion over ice-cream. I've now got to go anyway as it's Miss P birthday and she wants a cow-pat. For anyone that doesn't know a Mr.Moo cow-pat is a large plate of chocolate ice-cream, brownies, chocolate ice-cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate ice-.....you get the idea.

Ok, I've chosen!

Hope you heal up quickly zacklaws.. Cheers for emailing me the missing email.

I'm not bringing cooking stuff, no room in panniers, and we're eating out mostly aren't we? I can cope with continental stuff for breakfast on Sunday (unless the plan is to go to Mr Moo's first thing, but even I might baulk a bit at ice cream for breakfast...) and Monday, but is anyone bringing a stove? I can get up and going without tea, but...

Arch - I'll be bringing a stove (and kettle). You're welcome to use it.
I'm planning on nipping to a farm on the way on Saturday for 1/2 dozen free-range eggs for Sunday breakfast so will have a couple spare if want them. I'll even cook but your chance of getting a runny yolk is pretty slim ;)

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
I'm planning on nipping to a farm on the way on Saturday for 1/2 dozen free-range eggs for Sunday breakfast so will have a couple spare if want them. I'll even cook but your chance of getting a runny yolk is pretty slim :biggrin:

There's a guy less than 100m away from the paddock who does free range eggs for about £1.50 a doz :tongue: He lost some of his flock last week to a dog running free, but I'll have a word & i'm sure he'll have some eggs put by for you, save trying to transport them by bike & scrambling them :biggrin:

I'll leave a couple of drums of water inside the shelter, but if doesn't look clean enough for drinking & you have containers to fill you can call up at the house (pm me for address) & we have an outside tap at the bottom of the drive :biggrin:

I quite regularly get 3 dozen eggs from Grange Farm (on main Hornsea road) and can usually get them all home intact now. Now as it took a few attempts to get a carrying strategy right. 20 mile round trip for eggs might seem a bit excessive but any excuse to be out on the bike....

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
I quite regularly get 3 dozen eggs from Grange Farm (on main Hornsea road)

I regularly use Grange Farm too :tongue: only 8 mile round trip for me though. Doing some lovely veg at the moment too :biggrin:

Soltydog said:
I regularly use Grange Farm too :biggrin: only 8 mile round trip for me though. Doing some lovely veg at the moment too :biggrin:

The tomato and chili relish :tongue:. I have been known to base meals on what will go well with it. Their pork pies spring to mind.

Top Bottom