Can you relate to Froome?I

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Certainly not, but I didn't imagine people's perceived depth of cycling knowledge, based on how much of the TDF they saw on television would take over the thread.

That wasn't the point. The point was certain people making completely baseless claims on someone they clearly know very little about.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

That wasn't the point. The point was certain people making completely baseless claims on someone they clearly know very little about.
OK!

bpsmith

Veteran
Bringing this back on topic, I am not a major fan of Froome, but I did warn to him more after seeing a program about him after one of the stages this year. It went into where he came from and how he got where he is. It showed him in a different light than when on the bike.

Admittedly, he is no king of charisma, but wasn't quite so surgical as when on the bike. This is obvious tbh, but we all draw conclusions often solely based on people in a single scenario.

Wiggins on the other hand, whilst and extremely talented rider, came across as a nob on the track and more so in his documentary. Trying too hard to be a rock star!

snorri

Legendary Member
Certainly not, but I didn't imagine people's perceived depth of cycling knowledge, based on how much of the TDF they saw on television would take over the thread. .
By posting in the General section of the forum rather than the Cycling Sport section you appeared to be inviting comment from a wider audience than just those with a serious interest or in depth knowledge of the TDF.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

By posting in the General section of the forum rather than the Cycling Sport section you appeared to be inviting comment from a wider audience than just those with a serious interest or in depth knowledge of the TDF.
I was inviting comment from whoever felt they had an angle of the subject for sure. Stupidly, I didn't remember that in forums related to cycle sport you are not allowed to senselessly slag other contributors off on matters unrelated to the original post, but in the general discussions section, you are!................. Or did I just make that up, and in fact, you should be able to post about a subject in any forum without some smart arse turning it into an opportunity to knock lumps out of other contributors?

Top Bottom