Cannondale CAADX 7 Sora 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Richard Swanney

Richard Swanney

It's an old 10 speed Ultra so not posh as such, I have run Sora before and it's flawless in my experience so I'll give it a go and see. As I run 11 speed all the time I may find the 9 a tad too few lol.

outlash

also available in orange
Get used to the CX chainrings first ;).

outlash

also available in orange
TBH, it's not a massive difference. I find I spin out at around 30 mph and you'll rarely use the inner ring unless you're going up something steep off road. Easy to change them though if you want.

Tony.

GravityFighter

Über Member
I bought a CAADX 2013 (105 groupset) as my first foray back into cycling since I was a kid. I love the frame and geometry; light-ish, direct and responsive, but would agree with the comments above re brakes. Although I don't have any experience to benchmark against, mine do seem to judder an awful lot and it seems to be a combination of both pads and rims. Swisstop greens have just been ordered so I'll report back on any improvements...

Oh, I too paid £750 in August (down from £1100 RRP).

OP
OP
Richard Swanney

Richard Swanney

Yes I agree on the brakes, they are vague at best. I've upgraded shifters and mech to Ultegra 10 speed as i had group in garage anyway.
I have been loving the bike and enjoy runs on bike I could never have done before. I got a Beema 2000 Lumens headlight too so have been out in the dark which is great fun!

loother

Über Member
I ride a 2012 CAADX Tiagra. I have added swisstop greens and toed in the pads. With adjustment the brakes are adequate, whatever the weather. I changed the wheels as the maddux originals needed regular trueing. I have two pairs of R501's, one with road tyres and one pair with either winter or cross tyres, depending on the time of year.

OP
OP
Richard Swanney

Richard Swanney

I use a set of Kinetic One Aero wheels with road tyres and they are superb, so far i've found the wheels that came on the Caadx quite good. I may however upgrade them at a later date if I have problems.

Top Bottom