Carlton Resto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:biggrin: Not much to add regarding the Carlton Clubman only I,v been buying/collecting some NOS parts inc chrome bits/bobs,10 mtrs black cloth tape,a couple of bar ends,2 wheels,,a pair of tyres & inner tubes, and some gear cables :biggrin: regards Carlton Flier.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Love to see some pictures of the components!
biggrin.gif

e-rider

crappy member
that frame must surely be about to rust through and snap - I've had a few old frames including a Mercian from 60s and an Armstrong from the 1950s. Everyone has ended the same way; snapped at the headtube-downtube interface.

airbrake

Very interesting project :smile:

Considering how little of the stem was inserted, it put up a tough fight !

I have a 1966 Supercourse (refinished by Carlton but with 'Record' decals). It was also rusty - but fortunately everything came apart easily.

that frame must surely be about to rust through and snap - I've had a few old frames including a Mercian from 60s and an Armstrong from the 1950s. Everyone has ended the same way; snapped at the headtube-downtube interface.
:hello: I don,t know where you get your info from apart from the pictures I,v posted but the frame is solid as a rock with surface rust only & paint damage which will be bead blasted off. The headstock is very strong & solid BUT if it ever breaks off you will be the first to know!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
:biggrin: Yes they are I bought the last pair that were on offer from J E James in Chesterfield :biggrin:
Aha! I bought some with quick release for my Carlton Corsa, but the rear keeps slipping in the dropouts so need to buy some with solid axles...

Top Bottom