CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park/Brighton to Box Hill, 28 Nov 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatleandrew

Davywalnuts said:
PS, This ride, the fnrttc and the CCAR is going to be a toughy, so i've cancelled the Staines Town match as will be dead, if yesterdays ride is anything to go buy.. heart is still pounding away!
What ride did you do yesterday?

I can't do the recce on Friday. However, the forecast is saying that tomorrow might be dry. If so I'll try to spin down to Box Hill on the way to work following the proposed route.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
beatleandrew said:
What ride did you do yesterday?

Did the London to Brighton recce with Dellzeqq.. got the train back to Clapham but added another 50 miles, mainly into the wind, on top... took it to 125 hard miles in the end... xx(xx(xx(xx(:smile: + :B)

beatleandrew

Davywalnuts said:
Did the London to Brighton recce with Dellzeqq.. got the train back to Clapham but added another 50 miles, mainly into the wind, on top... took it to 125 hard miles in the end... xx(xx(xx(xx(:rolleyes: + :laugh:
Good work!

I've got a day off in mid-December and was thinking of doing a ride to Brighton and back. I'll post someting in the forums closer to the time to see if anyone else is interested.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
beatleandrew said:
Good work!

I've got a day off in mid-December and was thinking of doing a ride to Brighton and back. I'll post someting in the forums closer to the time to see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks!

Hmmmm, interesting... seaside fish n chips ride sounds good to me! I know mikeeee will like the sound of that... :rolleyes:

beatleandrew

I rode from Kingston to Teddington this morning via Kingston Bridge, Hampton Court, round the back of Sandown Park to Esher, Portsmouth Road towards Cobham, Stoke D'Abernon, Leatherhead, A24 to Mickleham, Zigzag Road, Box Hill, Headley, Epsom, Tolworth and Surbiton.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3328893

To be honest, I got a bit lost, particularly between Headley and Epsom where I got a bit thrown off course by a closed road, and consequently ended up taking far more A roads than I had hoped for. After Epsom I had to push it the shortest way possible to get to work on time, so didn't have a chance to explore any of the gorgeous back roads around New Malden.

Nice ride though (and only one puncture!) Have fun if you're doing the recce tomorrow!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ah, I often do a "Guildford" loop going from Kingston to Cobham to Stoke D,Abernon then right at the Guildford Road to Guildford, quite nice, but am well lost on your return section... so cross-fingers someone knows this when were on our way back from Brighton!

Nice ride before work though!

beatleandrew

Davywalnuts said:
Nice ride before work though!
Yeah, I quite enjoyed it!

I'm thinking I might start doing something like this before work once or twice a week. I often don't get out to ride during the weekend (FNRttC is the exception) and most of my miles come from quick lunchtime laps around Richmond Park, so one or two Box Hill or Guildford loops before work each week could be just what I need.

beatleandrew

redjedi said:
What time do you start to do a ride like that before work?

I barely have enough time to have a coffee and get dressed :eek:
I headed off at 7 this morning, got into work about 9:50. I have a two year old, so if I don't go cycling it's likely that I'll be up by then anyway!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
A big apology for not coming along today, and for not being in touch about it,just had a hectic week from hell!
Have also just realised that I wont be able to come on Saturday as it's my littlins birthday, he will be 3, aw bless, but at least he is getting a wee bike, so that he can race his brother and me, round the park!!!:thumbsup:

mistral

Guru
User1314 said:
Apologies...

...been really manic at work. In Brum until Mon-Fri.

Still in RP at 10 on Sat unless weather forecast is really bad or ice on Boxhill. Will do the recce once the gales stop!!!!!! Looks like an evening recce jobbie.

Anyone got four hours to spare to keep me company one night next week after work... :biggrin:

I will check out your suggestion, RJ.

User

Possible for Thursday night if this is any good for you, I'm taking Friday off to prepare for the big one.

I'll see if you have any other interest & pm you on Wednesday if I can make it.

I had an embarrassing off in RP on Saturday, landed on the grass on my shoulder, which right now is very sore. My cycle comp' stopped working and I was foolishly looking down & fiddling, lost concentration, next thing I know I'm heading for one of those wooden posts besides the road. In avoiding this I'm pitched off as I yank the front wheel to the left.:rofl:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sorry to hear you've had an off, Mistral.

I am a little doubtful for this ride now as Uncle James and I may be doing a different ride much closer to home, but I shall confirm in due course.

Top Bottom