CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park/Brighton to Box Hill, 28 Nov 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/-west-london/686125749419213695

Here is my idea for route User, I got a bit stuck around section 19,and from Hadliegh it is possible to get to the bottom of Boxhill for those peeps who would like to climb the zig zag rd and then return along the top.

I am hoping to come along, but can't commit fully just yet.
:sad:

mistral

Guru
DJ said:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/-west-london/686125749419213695

Here is my idea for route User, I got a bit stuck around section 19,and from Hadliegh it is possible to get to the bottom of Boxhill for those peeps who would like to climb the zig zag rd and then return along the top.

I am hoping to come along, but can't commit fully just yet.
:sad:

I think you mean Headley 31 on your map? Take a right there and then left into Lodge Bottom Road - lovely little valley, well worth it and the climb up Zig Zag isn't too bad.

redjedi

Über Member
I'll let you know how I feel after this weekend, when I hope to get back on the bike for the first time in 5 1/2 weeks.

All going well, either weekend should be fine for me.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
User1314 said:
I'm working Mon 9 through to Sat 14th. Then rugby training on Sunday morning (15th).

Then I'm away in Brum from Mon 16th to Thursday 19th.

:wacko:

I may take Friday 20th off as a hol. Or we can do Sat 21st?

I've still got 8 days holiday left so well willing to take a day off...

mistral said:
I think you mean Headley 31 on your map? Take a right there and then left into Lodge Bottom Road - lovely little valley, well worth it and the climb up Zig Zag isn't too bad.

I should be up for this (if i don't bugger off abroad on holiday somewhere). Sounds like a nice route with a few hills.

This is the area i was born and raised. In fact the route past Epsom downs goes about 500m from my folks house ;) so....If i were you, i'd also add pebblehill into the mix. at 32. Definitely a fun stretch of road to go down, with denby's vineyard at the bottom then head around and climb up the zigzags.

p.s Happy birthday Crock

gbs

Guru
redjedi said:
Just been throught the 2 threads to see who's agreed to this ride, and I've got this list

Richmond

User1314
stevevw
4F
Sittingduck
TheDoctor
Auntie Helen]

:biggrin:
I have two movable commitments on Saturday 28/10 so if someone could please post (1) when and where in RP and (2) ETA Box Hill I will try to fit in with yr plans.

redjedi

Über Member
Hi GBS

Meet in RP is at the cafe by Roehampton gate, depart is at 10am ish.

I think we're aiming for a convergence of groups at Box Hill at about 1PM, but with 2 groups coming from different directions, the timing may be off.

A spot of Lunch after climbing BH and back to RP

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Well well well! What a differance a weekend & 90 mins make!

Both my football teams through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and the possibility of CoG's team, AFC Wimbledon meeting Staines Town, if they can beat Millwall away!

With the 2nd round being played the same day of this event, I shall have keep an eye on it but it looks unlikely I'll end up doing the 200 mile milestone either way, oh well!

But as for now, am still in for both the Fnrttc & the C.C.AR!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
User1314 said:
Local derby!

KO won't be until 3. Loads of time for a spin beforehand.

Unless it gets on TV again..... If so then hopefully shown later in the day.. I can see me being up for 48 hours, cycled 140miles and drunk enough to sink the titanic! :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Davywalnuts said:
Unless it gets on TV again..... If so then hopefully shown later in the day.. I can see me being up for 48 hours, cycled 140miles and drunk enough to sink the titanic! :wacko::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

you'd have saved, not sunk, the Titanic, those thighs could have paddled her all the way home

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Unless it gets on TV again..... If so then hopefully shown later in the day.. I can see me being up for 48 hours, cycled 140miles and drunk enough to sink the titanic! ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That'll be a nice easy weekend for you then :blush:

Top Bottom