Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/bikes/road-bikes/merlin-road-bikes/merlin-maven-road-bike.html

There is another thread on the Moser elsewhere on the forum and they suggested this as an alternative... The only real difference seems to be the wheels (Alex DC19 rather than Fulcrum Racing 7). The reviews I could find for the wheels online seem to be fairly positive, though it might be worth holding off for a couple of weeks for the Moser for the sake of a difference of £10!

The Fulcrums will be much better than the Alex rims, I'd wait for the Moser!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
@Rasmus You up for a cycle to Decathlon at some point? Going to get the bike serviced
Not really - can you not remember the way?

As for the topic at hand, Evans are having a pretty big clearance sale - might be hard finding something in the right size, though. The good part is that they can order into the store and let you have a test ride (for a refundable £50 deposit).

Yeah, I have been looking on Evans too... I've not been into the store but on-line the 'clearance' bikes are pretty much the same price as the Moser, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. (Seemingly they are opening a store in Bath Street soon)

I took the bits of the Triban 3 into Decathlon today and they said they would get back to me in a couple of days to let me know what it would cost to repair/replace (and was I aware that this model wasn't in production any more so it would probably be a different bike if it had to be replaced? Yes sadly I'm all too aware of the difference in the new model...) They said the warranty 'probably' wouldn't cover the damage as it was from a collision. The guy I spoke to initially said the damage to the frame might not be terminal, but I think when someone in the workshop examines it properly the diagnosis might be different! When I mentioned researching new bikes on wiggle etc, he did say a few times that he would 'see what they could do' for me , so who knows they might offer me a discount if I go for a Triban 5 instead?!?! Then again, they might tell me to come back, pick up the bits and p*ss off!

D

Deleted member 20519

As for the topic at hand, Evans are having a pretty big clearance sale - might be hard finding something in the right size, though. The good part is that they can order into the store and let you have a test ride (for a refundable £50 deposit).

I know the way, I was just offering in case you wanted to go with me.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105

I can't stop laughing every time I read this, I know rasmus isn't being harsh, just reads like a big fu to jaz.

Time methinks for Jaz to learn some mechanics.....start with the basics, learn the difference between the rear end and the bell end then how to service each :tongue:

D

Deleted member 20519

Time methinks for Jaz to learn some mechanics.....start with the basics, learn the difference between the rear end and the bell end then how to service each :tongue:

I know how to fix the bike but it's a free service!

Well, after some more searching I'm quite keen on this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/battaglin-s11-sora-2013 bike (taking the spec and my budget into account). I looked into the cyclescheme option through my work, but the wooliness over what happens to the bike at the end of the 1st year and beyond put me off. The only issue I can see with this bike is that Wiggle don't offer their 30 day trial period if the bike is discounted buy more than 15%, so I'm not sure about ordering it and potentially being stuck with a bike that is the wrong size!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well, after some more searching I'm quite keen on this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/battaglin-s11-sora-2013 bike (taking the spec and my budget into account). I looked into the cyclescheme option through my work, but the wooliness over what happens to the bike at the end of the 1st year and beyond put me off. The only issue I can see with this bike is that Wiggle don't offer their 30 day trial period if the bike is discounted buy more than 15%, so I'm not sure about ordering it and potentially being stuck with a bike that is the wrong size!

Have you considered the Triban 5a, £429 and has all the features that bike has :thumbsup:

Top Bottom