Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
What's this fascination with Triban? I'd never heard of them before joining the forum and it seems like everyone has one. :wacko:

I think its just the price that draws people to it, i got my 5a for £399, Sora gears (i know not brilliant but still good) and carbon fork, cycling active wrote a review for the 3 and pretty much said it competes with bikes 2 or 3 times more expensive, obv its not a carbon fibre beast but still a great bike for under £500

Fubar

Guru
What's this fascination with Triban? I'd never heard of them before joining the forum and it seems like everyone has one. :wacko:

When I got my T3 there were no reviews and very little info except from Decathlon's website, I had considered a Spec Elite at £500 but it was an entry level road bike at £300 giving £200 spare for accessories that sold it to me - that was 2 years ago, now everyone and their grandmother has one...:rolleyes:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Well, after some more searching I'm quite keen on this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/battaglin-s11-sora-2013 bike (taking the spec and my budget into account). I looked into the cyclescheme option through my work, but the wooliness over what happens to the bike at the end of the 1st year and beyond put me off. The only issue I can see with this bike is that Wiggle don't offer their 30 day trial period if the bike is discounted buy more than 15%, so I'm not sure about ordering it and potentially being stuck with a bike that is the wrong size!

email them asking to measure parts your not sure about.they emiled my new Oakleys before I ordered for my big nut

ps- picking a bike I suggested means I will never slag your bike :bicycle:

For the Battaglin I am just on the cusp between the Large and Extra Large frames in terms of height, though my Inside Leg measurement is bang in the middle of the Large frame size so I guess the Large would be the right one... The Triban 5 seems to be hard to get hold of in my size which is a shame as it has pretty much the same spec, bar the wheels and I would be able to at least see if it was a good fit before purchasing.

Hmm, decisions decisions :scratch:

Fubar

Guru
Get a bike soon, or get beatings from all of us until you do.....

The mere fact that @Harry_Palmer79 is considering a new bike purchase should be roundly applauded :bravo: and welcomed.

Top Bottom