CC Ecosse (and North Englandshire) 2016 Tour Thoughts...

What kind of Tour would people like?

• Weekend Meetup with Organisated Rides

• Point to Point Multi-day Tour in Scotland

• Point to Point Multi-day Tour Somewhere New

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

MikeW-71

Veteran
The Lakes does have a lot of scenery and points of interest, even if it is rather hilly. If you were basing in one spot for a weekend, you could at least leave the luggage behind :smile:

It can be tough to get into the interesting area by bike though. It could be done from Carlisle station though. Get to somewhere around Hawkshead and it's lovely!

MikeW-71

Veteran
True. If you're on the north side, then there is Penrith area with Brougham Castle, which can lead round to my favourite ice-cream farm and a few cafes that I have discovered. The C2C cycle cafe at Greystoke is recommended.

North west of Penrith is flatter ground.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I grew up in Southern Northumberland. What do you want to know? (User9609 will know more, though...)

Best areas for cycling, accommodation and closest transport links (I'm assuming Newcastle...?) @mcshroom and @MikeW-71 are our Lakes men-in-the-fields.

For instance the N'land accommodation links I put on above look fine but for all I know Rothbury could have a max security prison round the corner... Obvs I can Interweb all this and there is no rush, but a bit of local knowledge goes a long way and ultimately it would be desirable to have a local guide - even just to make up routes, if not there in person.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I grew up in Southern Northumberland. What do you want to know? (User9609 will know more, though...)

The other thing we would need to address is food and drink, i.e. if we are in the middle of the Keilder forest how easy is it to get supplies and who cooks it all? Can't rely on @Pat "5mph" and the Belles to cook every night - that wouldn't be fair.

EDIT: just thinking out loud, not expecting you to answer all that! :okay:

Top Bottom