Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Cc Ecosse Arran Saturday 18th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Tug is all talk, he's a big pussycat who has looked after my slowness on many rides :smile:
Haven't heard Any cc eccose rides described as such, we pushed on today to avoid a later ferry as @mcshroom had a 3 hour drive home, first time ever we have made the 1640 fery as we usually make the 6 pm. I was slowest rider on hills today by far and felt no pressure to speed up was put on me by anyone. Sometimes things can be taken out of context in written form. The first time over on arran we had 5 or six stops be the long stop was my fault then, and we have all matured since then in knowing better in keeping the group together. Arran definitely isn't a place to go without good hills and distance fitness as it bumpy as hell.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Arran definitely isn't a place to go without good hills and distance fitness as it bumpy as hell.
I have been round Arran a few times over the years; it would be a crime not to take advantage of the fact that the ferry at Ardrossan is only 12 miles away!
I would say my hills and distance fitness isn't too bad for someone past his peak (!!), but Arran is definitely not a place I would like to go if I was having to rush around it.
Having said that, I usually catch the same ferries as you did today, unless having an extended liquid lunch at Blackwaterfoot....

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
U weren't there :smile: my strava has started auto uploading rides. Maybe hadn't closed it, try turni g it on and stoping ride, then will need cropped from Brodick to alloa:smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
^^^^^^ This will be why I don't go on too many CC Ecosse rides!
For me, "fannying about" is all part of the enjoyment of the day. I know that one of the basic rules is "no-one gets left behind", but if some are slower than others it can be a PITA both for the faster riders having to stop and wait; and the slower ones (me!) busting a gut trying to keep up.

Maybe we need more "fannying about" rides, which could be stipulated as such by the organiser. Horses for courses and all that.

Hope you had a good day on Arran, I was down the coast road earlier on my motorbike and Arran was looking amazing from this side. Now in the Lake District for a "no fannying about" motorbike group ride tomorrow .
your panties in a bunch?? i was having a laugh and having a dig at louch

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
There was definitely still cake. Coffee and Walnut in my case :hungry:
20150418_132749.jpg

This ride was a little quicker than I remember them as we all decided to try and make the early ferry (there wasn't a 6pm one so it was 4.40 or 7.20). If it had been a different mix of riders we'd have gone for the late ferry instead and taken it a bit easier.

Lovely day. Nice to meet up with everyone and a wonderful place to ride :smile:

Here's a few pics I managed to grab as we went round

20150418_103950.jpg

Just made the ferry over

20150418_120321.jpg

20150418_130907.jpg

20150418_130914.jpg

20150418_150302.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Have CC Ecosse rides changed since i last attended? I remember it was as much about the cake as the ride! :scratch:
Brandanes took a comment too literally and made this ride out to be something it wasn't. We had a lovely ride around, and an hour stop for food where we all sat outside and had a laugh in the sunshine.

Any bike done
No one was left behind ( I should know as from the pics u can see I'm the fat lad at the back)
We had cake

Anyone who was there have any issues ?

Brandanes took a comment too literally and made this ride out to be something it wasn't. We had a lovely ride around, and an hour stop for food where we all sat outside and had a laugh in the sunshine.

Any bike done
No one was left behind ( I should know as from the pics u can see I'm the fat lad at the back)
We had cake

Anyone who was there have any issues ?
With the weight i've gained i could be your shorter better looking twin!;)

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Who's got the funky haircut in pic 3?

I'm up for the next CC Ecosse cycle after seeing these! Well jealous!

Did 55 miles on my own on Saturday and whilst I liked the tranquility wouldn't have minded a bit of company!

tug benson

Who's got the funky haircut in pic 3?

I'm up for the next CC Ecosse cycle after seeing these! Well jealous!

Did 55 miles on my own on Saturday and whilst I liked the tranquility wouldn't have minded a bit of company!
that will be @Louch with the mess on top of his head..

where do you normally cycle about?

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Most of my non commuting cycles are Denny>Campsies area, or a right after Dunipace and out over the roads that way (Cowie, Plean, Larbert).

I'm only just kind of discovering the roads round about here.

tug benson

Most of my non commuting cycles are Denny>Campsies area, or a right after Dunipace and out over the roads that way (Cowie, Plean, Larbert).

I'm only just kind of discovering the roads round about here.
well me and louch do a lot of cycling around that area you're more than welcome to join us, with the lighter nights getting better we will be doing more miles

Top Bottom