Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
roll on august we can all go camping under the stars :girldance:
We are definitely NOT going camping :tongue:

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Fubar ...... Sorry to mess things about, but I'm going to "pass" on this one, for the time being anyway - so don't include me in any accommodation numbers.
If I can manage nearer the date then I will arrange my own digs, which will probably involve dragging a tent and sleeping bag along! :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar ...... Sorry to mess things about, but I'm going to "pass" on this one, for the time being anyway - so don't include me in any accommodation numbers.
If I can manage nearer the date then I will arrange my own digs, which will probably involve dragging a tent and sleeping bag along! :smile:

No worries, thanks for letting me know.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I suppose I should think about getting Nonmipiace (the Triban) fixed, since I never got it fixed for the Islay tour :whistle:
Starting a bit late, though, aren't you ? :ohmy:

Track record and all that ... :whistle:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Phoned a Newtonmore Hostel who would be happy to take us on the Saturday night, can sleep up to 12 in the hostel with 2 more rooms in the house, bike storage, drying room, etc - its getting to Newtonmore in 2 days that's the issue!

I've left a message with a Loch Voil Hostel though they are around the 55 mile mark, which would give us an approx 92 mile target for day 2 - too much???

It's a bit of a 'mare to be honest, b&b's/hotels are £70+ per person per night at that time of year (and mainly double beds/no bike storage), self catering won't take 1 night bookings and there are not too many hostels between Loch Earn and Aberfeldy/Pitlochry - so we either have a long first day (Aberfeldy is Mile-90 from Glasgow) or we are back to a 4-day tour...:wacko:

Thoughts???

Phoned a Newtonmore Hostel who would be happy to take us on the Saturday night, can sleep up to 12 in the hostel with 2 more rooms in the house, bike storage, drying room, etc - its getting to Newtonmore in 2 days that's the issue!
Yes, that would be an unrealistic objective.

I've left a message with a Loch Voil Hostel though they are around the 55 mile mark, which would give us an approx 92 mile target for day 2 - too much???
92 mile day 2 would be extremely tough on a tour - from Lochearn to Pitlochry is very lumpy, add Drumochter in the afternoon and you have a recipe for night riding through the mountains...

Since it looks like being 4 days due to accommodation constraints how about a side-trip to Loch Rannoch? Maybe the Loch Ossian Youth Hostel?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Yes, that would be an unrealistic objective.

92 mile day 2 would be extremely tough on a tour - from Lochearn to Pitlochry is very lumpy, add Drumochter in the afternoon and you have a recipe for night riding through the mountains...

That's what I figured, though nice to have it confirmed.

Since it looks like being 4 days due to accommodation constraints how about a side-trip to Loch Rannoch? Maybe the Loch Ossian Youth Hostel?

So Day 1:Home-Loch Voil, Day 2:Loch Voil-Loch Ossian, Day 3:Loch Ossian-Newtonmore, Day 4:Newtonmore-Inverness - am I reading that right?

It did occur to me we could book accomm on the Thursday night and people could either add a day and cycle there or turn up later in the day - though the Loch Voil hostel isn't the most accessible so considering Callendar as an alternative... AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
The other alternative is to book Pitlochry SYHA for the Friday night and eveyone makes there way there, either by cycle or public transport (or combination of both) - a quick glance at trains gives Glasgow-Pitlochry as under 2 hours for £21.70 by train.

But maybe that defeats the purpose of the tour???

Top Bottom