CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

Just able to check in just now.

Glad everyone is OK. My apologies for the scrapes. Liability/culpability accepted (except for insurance claims!). I remember that the momentum going up the hill was waning ahead. A gap opened up and i thought "i'll go straight down the middle" (like my golf shots always do) and then the gap closed in a pincer movement. I bounced off Hlab's left shoulder and into Magnatoms right shoulder. I then remember a bang on the chin as i hit the ground. I must have jarred something as my left ribcage gradually got sorer as the day went on (especially on Scoosh's wee uphill diversion! - nice roads). No bruises to see , i don't think i've cracked anything. It hurts a bit if i laugh, cough or stretch my left side in any way. Some road rash on the left shoulder and chain oil on my leg (nothing a shower in "muc off" didn't shift). I might be off the bike or a least taking it easy for a while.

Apart from the wee collision it was a great day. The soup and cakes at HJ/Telemarks were fab and most welcome. Thanks very much. I got home at approx 7.30pm.

Nice to meet McShroom and to literally run into Magnatom for the first time :blush: and hopefully the last.

My Garmin seems to gone funny so i have no stats for the ride as of yet (it doesn't want to talk to the PC anymore).

Maybe it's time for the turbo. I can't cause any crashes on it (apart from the computer).Typical that i decided on the fixie/ss because of the weather forecast (as it has mudguards) and i never felt a single drop!

Jane Smart

The Queen
Gosh sorry to hear of the mishap yesterday, sorry I wasn't there in my Florence Nightingale, Jane, capacity to hug you all :blush: :hugs:

Nice pics, reminds me of the lovely mincemeat pie get together at Christmas, with the wonderful hospitality of Telemark and HJ :cheers:

Well is was blue sky here earlier, but it looks like the Glasgow mob are bringing the rain with them...

But the cake and bread is ready, and soup is on the stove

[attachment=838:biggrin:SC_0070.JPG]

There is: ginger cake, carrot and courgette cake, fruit cake, chocolate and orange muffins, with two lots of fresh baked bread in the background...

An exciting day for all! Look at that cake selection - fantastic hospitality HJ (and Telemark I read,,,) Get yourself a camper van and get along to a FNRttC one time! I did cast an eye on the subdivided cake, and counted seven pieces in the 'half'...which led me to count all the cakes! :smile:

Hope the bruises are minor and no one is out of kilt...er.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
An exciting day for all! Look at that cake selection - fantastic hospitality HJ (and Telemark I read,,,) Get yourself a camper van and get along to a FNRttC one time! I did cast an eye on the subdivided cake, and counted seven pieces in the 'half'...which led me to count all the cakes! :smile:

Hope the bruises are minor and no one is out of kilt...er.

I thought the idea was to cycle ? :ohmy: :whistle: :tongue:
We did invite the FNRetc to come north, but nobody seemed to like the idea much :cry: .
You are always welcome to join CC Ecosse rides when you are in the area :bicycle: :welcome:

So ... how many pieces did you count? ;)

T

Coco

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your bump guys. That's why I always stay 2 miles behind Seamab. :smile:
But seriously, Seamab is astonishing on a fixed.

I thought the idea was to cycle ? :ohmy: :whistle: :tongue:
We did invite the FNRetc to come north, but nobody seemed to like the idea much :cry: .
You are always welcome to join CC Ecosse rides when you are in the area :bicycle: :welcome:

So ... how many pieces did you count? ;)

T

Well, I did think there was an odd number thing going on - HJ had obviously eaten one of the little square iced sections as a test piece, and the loaf was an odd number of slices. The McFairy cakes are an even number, which means that HJ 'tested' one of those too! Plain as day. :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well, I did think there was an odd number thing going on - HJ had obviously eaten one of the little square iced sections as a test piece, and the loaf was an odd number of slices. The McFairy cakes are an even number, which means that HJ 'tested' one of those too! Plain as day. :smile:

I see you put a lot of thought into this, and you have a very suspicious mind ;) .

a) You obviously didn't get to see the spares left in the cake tin that didn't fit onto the plate, so that explains the uneven number of iced carrot cake.
b) The ginger load was just cut into evenly sized slices, I never count (unless I worry about not having enough slices)
c) My muffin tray has 12 spaces, so all muffins accounted for ;) .
d) To my knowledge HJ :angel: didn't test anything apart from the crumbs when I cut the cakes (I was in possession of a big knife at the time ...)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I then remember a bang on the chin as i hit the ground. I must have jarred something as my left ribcage gradually got sorer as the day went on (especially on Scoosh's wee uphill diversion! - nice roads). No bruises to see , i don't think i've cracked anything. It hurts a bit if i laugh, cough or stretch my left side in any way. Some road rash on the left shoulder and chain oil on my leg (nothing a shower in "muc off" didn't shift). I might be off the bike or a least taking it easy for a while.

:ohmy: :B) Sorry to hear about your ribs, I thought you got off lightest, with just the scratch on your chin (unlike Mag, who had to show off most of his wounds :ohmy: immediately upon arrival).

Hope all involved in the "off" recover quickly :hugs:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

T

Does that include those who kept getting dropped 'off' the back of the peloton on the way to Linlithgow and later going up the 'gentle inclines' ;) ???

If so, yes, thanks I had a quick spin out today and fell fine now .... thank you :biggrin:

:ohmy: :B) Sorry to hear about your ribs, I thought you got off lightest, with just the scratch on your chin (unlike Mag, who had to show off most of his wounds :ohmy: immediately upon arrival).

T

I think this crash test dummy got off lightest Mags is obviously not an Oasis fan. I escaped with two small scratches on my shin (I've had bigger shaving cuts) and 4 small red patches (too small to be even called road rash). Importantly bike wise, the only damage that seems to have been done is a small piece (less than 5mm) out of my saddle, the only other damage is the water bottle lid is cracked slightly, if I get time I may seal it again.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Does that include those who kept getting dropped 'off' the back of the peloton on the way to Linlithgow and later going up the 'gentle inclines' ;) ???

If so, yes, thanks I had a quick spin out today and fell fine now .... thank you :biggrin:

Hope that's a typo Scoosh(ie) ...
:hugs: extra special hug for you, so you don't feel left out, just in case ;)

T

Top Bottom