CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

I'm hoping to do this one, but I'll not be 100% sure until nearer the time. Logistically it's easier for me to start from the Glasgow side. 8:30 should be fine, depending on the start point.

Not sure i can join in yet but if i can then a central meeting point would be useful.i.e. somewhere in between Gla/Edi

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
It would be useful if there were a route map for the whole route (but without being too precise about the exact locations of the cake stops as these are members homes) and control points with ETAs for any one who wants to join part way...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It would be useful if there were a route map for the whole route (but without being too precise about the exact locations of the cake stops as these are members homes) and control points with ETAs for any one who wants to join part way...
ETD (Departure) would probably be better, so joiners would know to be there by that time - or play catch-up :bicycle:

Looks like we need a CC Ecosse Peloton timetable :eek:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I am considering going from Embra along the reverse route of the arriving West Coast Peloton, with the intention of meeting them along the way :bicycle:, turning round and riding with them to Cake Stop 1 :hungry:.

Suitably fortified, I either ride with the East Coast Peloton to Cake Stop 2 :mrpig: or pack and go home :thumbsdown: :tired:.

If I am suitably strengthened by brown cake substances :ohmy:, I might even ride home again.

sleekitcollie

if the CC peloton is heading through winchburgh i will try and catch up with u guys for a quick hello , when u pick up honest man , dont worry ill not bring my bike :rolleyes: and there will be no blue lights , blood , broken bones , involved this time :thumbsup:

just a chance for a quick hello :hello:

Coco

I'm still swithering. Hardly been on the bike since my holidays. Might just do PfS instead. :sad:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
if the CC peloton is heading through winchburgh i will try and catch up with u guys for a quick hello , when u pick up honest man , dont worry ill not bring my bike :rolleyes: and there will be no blue lights , blood , broken bones , involved this time :thumbsup:

just a chance for a quick hello :hello:
... and, like the smilie (:hello:), you'll be doing a left hand wave :biggrin:. Look forward to seeing you :thumbsup:

Not sleeping too well, Stewart ? Posts at 005* and 06** would indicate the painkillers aren't enough :sad:

Good to see you all over the forum, though :wahhey: !

OP
OP
M

magnatom

So here is the route as it stands at the moment, with me and, anyone else?, leaving Torrance, heading to Bishopbriggs to meet up with possible others and then heading over to Tweacher and passing just south of Kilsyth (I don't actually know these roads, anyone?). Then following HLaB's original suggestion to Craigiehall. Where is it we are actually heading to in Edinburgh?

Of course we don't have to take the same route there and back. Any other suggestions or modifications to the route?

Also if anyone was coming from the west who had a Garmin or such that would help with directions that would be useful! :smile:

scook94

Veteran
I've had the great pleasure of sampling the fare at cake stop 1, so I can assist getting the WCP there, however I'm not sure of the best way in from Crammond (as I've only ever driven there from that direction). I seem to remember there is an NCN route though, so I'll try and get a route plotted for my Garmin.

Seamab

So here is the route as it stands at the moment, with me and, anyone else?, leaving Torrance, heading to Bishopbriggs to meet up with possible others and then heading over to Tweacher and passing just south of Kilsyth (I don't actually know these roads, anyone?). Then following HLaB's original suggestion to Craigiehall. Where is it we are actually heading to in Edinburgh?

Of course we don't have to take the same route there and back. Any other suggestions or modifications to the route?

Also if anyone was coming from the west who had a Garmin or such that would help with directions that would be useful! :smile:

Don't like the look of that route - bandit country!
I think i will make my own scenic way to Edi and cake (might need help finding the cake stop) and join you on the return

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Don't like the look of that route - bandit country!
I think i will make my own scenic way to Edi and cake (might need help finding the cake stop) and join you on the return

If you know of a better route, let us know! As I don't know the area well between Glasgow and Edinburgh, I have no idea which bit is bandit country?!:wacko:

Seamab

If you know of a better route, let us know! As I don't know the area well between Glasgow and Edinburgh, I have no idea which bit is bandit country?!:wacko:
It all depends on the bandits...

I can't help - i've never cycled from Gla/Edi or vice versa. The PFS has never appealed. There are large chunks of North Lanarkshire and West Lothian that i'd prefer to avoid. In a peleton though, it might not be so bad. Someone can ride shotgun.

My routes tend to involve hills and the intention here is to keep it flattish (i think). If i were cycling from Dollar to Glasgow (which i have done) i'd go via Stirling, Carron Valley, Crow Rd, Torrance.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It all depends on the bandits...

I can't help - i've never cycled from Gla/Edi or vice versa. The PFS has never appealed. There are large chunks of North Lanarkshire and West Lothian that i'd prefer to avoid. In a peleton though, it might not be so bad. Someone can ride shotgun.

My routes tend to involve hills and the intention here is to keep it flattish (i think). If i were cycling from Dollar to Glasgow (which i have done) i'd go via Stirling, Carron Valley, Crow Rd, Torrance.

I'd happily take in some hills. At the moment the numbers coming from Glasgow are small, yourself, me, and Scook as far as I can make out. If the numbers remain small, and all of us are happy to take on a hill or two we could do that, reserving the gentler route for the journey home.

You'd have to be willing to wait a little for me on Crow Road though! :ohmy::smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Just realised that Mad Doug Biker was thinking of coming from Glasgow as well. MDB, we weren't planning on heading from Queen Street. Could you cycle out to Torrance, or get the train to Bishopbriggs? Would you be up for a few hills, or something a bit flatter?

Top Bottom